1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Sitemap for Mambo(Joomla) CMS

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by medusa, Sep 5, 2005.

Most people use a CMS nowadays to manage content on their sites. One of the most popular is Mambo, which has been recently renamed Joomla by the developers independently.

Content management sites that have "php?" in the url are not so easily indexed by search engines.

I have a download on my site (dedicated to Mambo - Joomla) that makes it easier for the Googlebot to index all pages in the site.

It is a sitemap script that you need to put in the rot folder of Mambo installaton and then submit it to Google Sitemaps.

The download is available at http://mambo.medspan.info/downloads/17.mambo

Would love your comments...

medusa, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That's misleading and the google guidelines are quite clear...

http://www.google.com/webmasters/facts.html
    and http://www.google.com/webmasters/guidelines.html
    I haven't checked out the scripts that you are offering and agree that the basic SEO urls for Mambo are inadequate - and I totally endorse the use of google xml sitemaps

Sarah

sarahk, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  3. danthuluri

danthuluri Active Member

Best Answers:
    I completely disagree with you. I have about 20 sites which i made on joomla. none of them has a proper site map. For that matter there is no comoponent for joomla that generates a proper site map..

Ravi

danthuluri, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sarahk, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  5. Hagadoo

Hagadoo Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla and Mambo are separate CMS, both still alive, Joomla was built on the Mambo Core.

There are free sitemaps available for Joomla, some will work with Mambo, but it is hard to find any designed specifically sedigned for Mambo.

Hagadoo, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  6. HostColor

HostColor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Many people use Joomla because there are many templates, tutorials, plugins and many other utilities for this CMS. It works find for me on one of our websites, but the image upload module is a little bit slow. But I still recommend it as a quality CMS to anyone even there are some very good other AJAX based Open source CMS on the market.

HostColor, Jun 23, 2008 IP