1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google showing H1 text instead of page TITLE in search result?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jackPeterson, Sep 9, 2013.

I always thought Google shows page title (whatever is in the <title> tag of the page) as 1st line of each result.
    But looking at the search below, it seems Google is showing as 1st line of content the <H1> tag.
    [​IMG]

Am I right? Is Google showing the content of the H1 tag as 1st line of the serach result or something else got from meta description?
    Even more and more interesting when search on Bing the same site comes out, but this time it shows the real page title as 1st line:
    [​IMG]

Kindly share your ideas about this issue.

jackPeterson, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  2. shubhambarot

shubhambarot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dear,
    It happens because it seems that your h1 keyword is more user-friendly than your title tag,

Try to reconsider your title tag and meta tag....

As I think because i already faced same problem with my 2 sites and solve this by changing title tags........

Shubham Barot (SSB)

shubhambarot, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  3. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Had you recently updated the title tag? If so, Google might have a cached copy of the page with old title.

webdev007, Sep 9, 2013 IP