1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google should allow you to purchase adwords with adsense money.

Discussion in 'Payments' started by Zeviafreehost, Jul 11, 2005.

Does anyone else think google should make it to where you can purchase Adwords through your google adsense cash?

I think this would make it a hell of alot easier then transfering it the bank account through EFT once a month, then putting that back into adwords.

Zeviafreehost, Jul 11, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I becomes an accounting issue, because Google would need to report your AdSense earnings to the government for tax reasons even though you may have not received it all for one (there are other reasons that I can think of that would make it a bad idea from an accounting standpoint).

digitalpoint, Jul 11, 2005 IP
  3. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh how I wish they didn't have to do this :D . I'm going to owe a ton of taxes at the end of the year :(

yo-yo, Jul 11, 2005 IP
  4. Zeviafreehost

Zeviafreehost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now that I look at it from that point of view, I can see why they don't offer this.

Zeviafreehost, Jul 11, 2005 IP
  5. breacher

breacher Peon

Best Answers:
    i thought that's what they were planning on doing with the new "google wallet" that they announced a while ago ... ?

breacher, Jul 11, 2005 IP
  6. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Now some people enjoy bragging. ;)

As for using AS money to pay for AW compaigns, I guess it wouldn't be a bad thing if they kinda escrowed your money like paypal does. The AS money would site in an account and you can draw against it for your AW bills. This way it's an interum step allowwing for G to report a webmaster's AS income, while holding on to the money so they don't have to pay credit card fees when they charge my credit card.

Oh, as for reporting Webmaster AS income to the Government, I'm happy, it looks like I'll be getting Earned Income Credit this year. :p

tom

TommyD, Jul 11, 2005 IP
  7. i30

i30 Guest

Best Answers:
    Another reason is that this way, they show more revenue, which stockholders like.

i30, Jul 11, 2005 IP
  8. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, by retaining the money they create for another avenue for revenue.

I worked for a company that required "money-up-front" for large advertising clients. They then took that money and rolled it into an overnight lending account each night, and width drew it each morning. They used other peoples money to make a few percenage points on it. When you have millions in escrow it adds up, especially since it wasn't their money.

tom

TommyD, Jul 11, 2005 IP