1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Shopping Question

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by infomarker50, Sep 23, 2014.

I have advertised and managed a good amount of money on adwords but stuck on something with google shopping as its the first time on google shopping.

We just launched an ecommerce site in a very expensive adwords cpc space (around $15 a click in normal adwords) that has google shopping as part of its search. Google shopping shows up 100% of the time for our general high volume search term.

I can find our products in google shopping if I do "site:eek:ursite.com" . We have also optimized many of our products to show up more general search queries which google shopping shows up for (not part number x but more general like "red teacups") However even if I narrow the price to an exact band that our product would be in I still don't see our products.

Last week we were in the wrong google shopping taxonomy and that is fixed. There could be something else we are marking up wrong but I can't figure it out.

We are getting a fairly low amount of impressions and no clicks at all.

So my question is what are the troubleshooting steps I should be taking to get this figured out.

infomarker50, Sep 23, 2014 IP
  2. Ravinder Cheema

Ravinder Cheema Member

Best Answers:
    If you are getting low clicks then need to check search terms, You should improve your data quality to help match your customers to the right products. Run search query reports and set up negative keywords to prevent your products from showing on irrelevant and poor performing queries.
    Use high quality images and promotional text to highlight unique offerings & key selling points.

Set a bid lower than all of your other competitors. Just do research on Google for exact products and add pricing lower then their products, and after getting exposure then change bid rates of product.

Be tricky and don't leave any attribute left behind which makes you superior over other listings.

Ravinder Cheema, Sep 26, 2014 IP
  3. GoDataFeed

GoDataFeed Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely agree with Ravinder. Data quality should be the first thing you look at.

The impression share metric can help you identify potential opportunities to get more impressions/clicks. For example, if a product group has a low "Impression share," you may want to try and improve your data quality and/or increase your bid to increase the likelihood you will appear for the right search terms.

GoDataFeed, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  4. kingofthewiki

kingofthewiki Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Titles are description are key. Make sure that google merchant account spreadsheet is filled out correctly.

kingofthewiki, Dec 21, 2014 IP
  5. AppyArry

AppyArry Active Member

Best Answers:
    For a Google Shopping campaign, it is all about "Text Ad Title", "Image", and "Description" other than the competition.

Make sure, you are doing this correct, the title have a keyword used by a layman to search for your products. Description will be fetched by Google when a user enter for any search term only in a case if it matches. So have a descriptive description of the products you are selling. $15/ click is very high.
    What's the CTR, you are getting?

AppyArry, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  6. kreed

kreed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check your feeds in Google Merchant Center that they are setup correctly and showing no errors. Follow Google recommendation when creating your xml feeds, use good titles. Check impression share of your shopping campaign. Check your benchmark cpc, if it is much higher than your current max cpc you probably need to increase bids.

kreed, Jan 5, 2015 IP