1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Shopping - match type

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by AdWords Designer, Nov 20, 2014.

Hello,

I've been managing a PLA (now Google Shopping) campaign for a client for a little over a year now. It's brilliant and our number one source for conversions but I seem to be fighting a constant battle against irrelevant or ridiculously broad keywords showing our ads and wasting clicks.

I've built a large shared library of negative keywords which I'm finding from the search term report but it's so frustrating that I can't just list the keywords that I want to trigger the ads rather than listing pretty much every other word in the dictionary in my negative list.

So, I must be doing something wrong. Is it to do with the feed? Or am I missing something in the settings?

If it makes any difference, my campaign is setup with a separate ad group for every single product so I could manage bids more easily.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

AdWords Designer, Nov 20, 2014 IP
  2. JonV6

JonV6 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

I don't have any experience with Google shopping but what do you have your match type set to? For my AdWords campaigns I find phrase match is the ideal 'in between' setting. I do still get clicks coming through for some irrelevant terms but I guess that's the price you pay for being able to pick up traffic for terms you hadn't thought of. My negative keyword list does look rather large.

JonV6, Nov 24, 2014 IP