1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google SERPs with .INFO domains?

Discussion in 'Google' started by canam, Jul 3, 2008.

1. InfoSmith

InfoSmith Peon

Best Answers:
    For second year .info domain, google treat it as same as .com, but for first year cheap .info domain, I heard lots people said it rank lower except you got high rank back links.

InfoSmith, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  2. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:
    interesting, so it is not a good idea then to save the little bit of money because you will pay for it for a year of less traffic in the beginning?

canam, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  3. bushib

bushib Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,

IMHO, Google treats the .com and .info domains equally, provided the website has useful content and strong natural backlinks.

Thanks
    bushib

bushib, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  4. myfreeforum

myfreeforum Member

Best Answers:
    I really think that people believe .com domains do better because .com has been around longer. While domain age is not everything, it is something, and .info domains have not been around that long.

Otherwise, the .tld does not matter for SERP. Of course, if you want to brand the domain or sell it later, you might want a .com at this time. .info does not matter to Google, but potential purchases think it does.

myfreeforum, Jul 5, 2008 IP
  5. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is true. When it comes to selling a website potential buyers may perceive more value in a .com. Although no additional value exists in reality it is the perceptions of potential buyers that will affect the price.

I am sure that I am not the only one who remembers when no one wanted a .net, but now they are widely accepted. Given time .infos will be accepted as well.

As for non-webmaster surfers, they do not care about the tld or usually even think about it. If a site has content that they are interested in they will bookmark it and return. The exception is for type in traffic. Most people are familiar with .com and so they will be more likely to use that when typing in a url.

kentuckyslone, Jul 5, 2008 IP