1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google SEO + Social Media

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by larysmith711, Feb 22, 2012.

Question:

How many of you have switched from traditional SEO to social media???

AND..........

If you balance the two what percentage do you spend (time) on each???

larysmith711, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  2. premierwebstrategies

premierwebstrategies Peon

Best Answers:
    70% Search Engine Optimization | 20% Paid Search | 10% Social Media

...if I wasn't doing paid search

80% Search Engine Optimization | 20% Social Media

premierwebstrategies, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  3. gauthamvit2003

gauthamvit2003 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've not switched from traditional SEO. It's all about content, even social media wont work if you don't have good content, link baiting stuffs etc because no one shares crappy content. Content contains the keywords that drive visitors to pages and give ROI.
    I'd go for 80% SEO and 20% Social Media

gauthamvit2003, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  4. edgarallen

edgarallen Peon

Best Answers:
    I think people have different notions about exactly what Social Media is. We all just say, "yes, social media..." but what does that really mean? Social Media is what? Isn't it just twitter, facebook and linkedin? What else is it? Submitting youtube video's too I suppose.

Let's face it; social media is just a fancy sounding phrase that sounds very technical and impressive but it's really just facebook, twitter and linkedin. Social Media = get facebook likes and tweets. Perhaps I'm wrong about all this. Can someone really define exactly what social media is?

edgarallen, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  5. sophia123789

sophia123789 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is not about switching, it depends upon they nature of your site and return on investment. I spend my 60% of time on Search Engine Optimization, 20% Social Media and 20% Paid Ads.

sophia123789, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  6. ericksteve

ericksteve Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Media do add traffic to your site but if you're offering products or services you get only a little business from Social Media because people use these channels for their personal use and a very little use them to look for services or products.

ericksteve, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  7. Grobbulus

Grobbulus Peon

Best Answers:
    Social 70% and SEO 30%

Reason is that ranking now depends on usability and there is no way you can get others to share and talk about your content if you are not socially active on various social media channels.

Grobbulus, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  8. praveen-rose

praveen-rose Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

May be 5 to 10 % of People switching from traditional SEO to Social Media sector. But most of webmaster links to do basic SEO and to getting additional benefits or return of investment that added the Social Media to generating traffics. I hope no one could switching from SEO to Social Media sector.

Thanks

praveen-rose, Feb 22, 2012 IP