1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google sent me 2 checks

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by visionary02, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Abu_Ali

Abu_Ali Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, I had the same situation before, I contact them and they told me that they are aware of the problem, they issued one with a wrong amount and told me not to try to use it, and they will send me another one with the correct amount.

I think it's better to tell them, sooner or later they'll find out, and it's better to report it, just to keep a good account profile with them.

Abu_Ali, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  2. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    Better to contact adsense staff.

teckinik, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  3. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It doesnt matter, just try to bank in
    You are lucky guy...lol

lifeplayer, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  4. Skyline_GTR

Skyline_GTR Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got this too and they sent me an e-mail after 2 days about it.

Skyline_GTR, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  5. justkidding

justkidding Active Member

Best Answers:
    simply go and cash it later on needed return the amount. lol... just kidding.. take your money and return the rest..

justkidding, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  6. pjena

pjena Peon

Best Answers:
    Never heard this before.Anyways i think you should contact google.

pjena, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  7. digital4axis

digital4axis Peon

Best Answers:
    are both checks are exactly same? if yes then you must have to inform google adsense customer service

digital4axis, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  8. thehotspotguide

thehotspotguide Member

Best Answers:
    Weird! Yes if the checks have the same numbers you can only cash one, sorry man.

thehotspotguide, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  9. CMS2009

CMS2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if you try to call them, it will take forever and a day to get someone to speak to.

Simplest way,

destory one and bank the other. As they are identical it don't matter which. You've only cashed whats owing to you so there will be no problem.

And to be honest, even if u did cash both, and they both went through ok (which they wont) unless its for over £200,000 google are unlikely to notice the hole in their account until the end of the financial year, by which stage Id be in a nice, moderate non-extradition country

CMS2009, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  10. alfiwodo

alfiwodo Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Call google, because one of the check can be out of money
    When You try to use them both, one of the will be empty, but You will pay a fee for a bank for checking.

alfiwodo, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  11. chjnhnh0

chjnhnh0 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm. Are u have two Adsense account or than :-?

chjnhnh0, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  12. CLS1321

CLS1321 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol hes not "lucky" in any way. Simply contact google adsense and cash one check, preferably the first that came but I'm sure it doesn't matter and call it good.

CLS1321, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  13. Valkerie

Valkerie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, this is easy. Large companies have blank check stock. No numbers or serial numbers, just the paper.

When we process checks, we get computer files that basically force a print job to a printer with specialized toner. (No special toner, bank won't validate the check.) It prints check numbers, authorizing signatures, the whole check, including the string at the bottom of the check, which identifies the bank, the account and confirms the check number. (Larger companies will use two printers, one for a colored signature, again using a specialized toner.)

Once the print job is run, it's supposed to be dead. But, what happens if you screw up a run, the paper gets jammed, you forget to change the printer toner, etc. You get authorization to run a second print job. Here's where it gets dicey.

They are only supposed to re-approve the part of the print that didn't run correctly. Sometimes they approve a print of the entire job all over again or there is a small overlap in numbers. And, you get a duplicate check.

Since the check number is exactly the same, you'll only be able to cash one check. Destroy the other check, it can only cause you problems.

Before you destroy the check, make sure the numbers at the bottom are exactly the same. Routing #, Account #, Check #. If you're still hesitant, bring both checks to the bank and tell them one is a duplicate - what should you do?

DO NOT TRY TO CASH BOTH. DO NOT LET SOME DIPSH*T AT YOUR BANK TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN CASH BOTH. Every once in a while you get a bank officer who should be working at McDonalds, especially if it is a small savings and loan.

Valkerie, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  14. MrPJH

MrPJH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this thread should be in General chat section because he/she is just kidding
    a print machine prints on a large paper based on how much they need to print
    another machine cut and separate every print a third machine print money details from your account

see the process of printing
    and also one think Google just print your money details on printed by money handling company for Google

[​IMG]

MrPJH, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  15. prashantban

prashantban Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    waw.. who cares... cash both of dem. its googles mistake.. not yours..!!

prashantban, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  16. whizzer

whizzer Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm going to get mine framed and hang it on the wall.

whizzer, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  17. mdamin76

mdamin76 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to check on your payment history, which cheque no. is actually meant for the payment.

mdamin76, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  18. zinruss

zinruss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Human made mistake and i strongly recommend that OP should give google a call. Maybe the big G will offer him/her a job? Who know? :D

zinruss, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  19. Izonedig

Izonedig Member

Best Answers:
    Did you received them in the same envelop ( letter) ?

But Don't try to cash them ! You will be is a serious problem if they ( the bank or adsense ) will think that you printed your check to cash it twice !

Izonedig, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  20. Valkerie

Valkerie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The question is on topic, this is the Adsense forum, so was my answer.

I never joke about cash or accounting. The set-up I described is used by major corporations with multiple branches, so that check printing can be handled locally, but have the checks approved from the Corporate office. Or, if you're having a third party print the checks. As far as check runs being screwed up...been there, done that. There is nothing more frustrating than having the MICR toner run out on you in the middle of payroll run and having to get Corporate to release a second check run.

CitiBank does check runs for thousands of clients. The process would not make sense if the checks are pre-printed with account numbers. Storage would be a nightmare. And the chance of someone running checks on the wrong stock and therefore the wrong account...well you get the picture.

A printer that you pictured costs over $100,000. Yes, you'd use this to create blank security stock. (It has colored fields as well as stuff embedded in the actual paper.) You use a smaller press to print info on stock for companies that use pre-printed or continuous run checks. A much smaller press. They do these checks in batches of 500. We used these when we had 4 locations and a dot matrix printer. The checks were then signed by hand or by a signature machine.

Fast forward 10 years.

A laser to handle check printing for bank usage is about $5,000. My company used HP 4050's in about 350 offices. Under $1,500 per office. We'd switch the MICR toner to regular toner, and also use the printer for general office work.

Mom worked for a bank. I work in Accounting. One of my friends is a printer.

Now, I'm off topic.

Valkerie, Aug 7, 2009 IP