1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google search results changed?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by lemontwist, Mar 25, 2015.

Sorry I had no clue what to put as a title for this.

I have uploaded a screenshot in case I don't describe this properly. I just built a website for a friend using SquareSpace (she formerly had a Joomla site) and I noticed when doing a Google search with her business name that her home address came up on the search results. I then put in my business name and I noticed that my home address and phone number also popped under under the search results.

I thought maybe this was connected to Google+, but she doesn't have a G+ account and I don't have my home address listed anywhere. In fact I don't have a business address anywhere either because I travel to different areas with my work.

Any idea how to get this off?

Attached Files:

Solved! View solution.
    lemontwist, Mar 25, 2015 IP
    You have great reviews which are want you want to get. Having reviews and address listed helps for local SEO. I would embrace this and get a Google "My Business" page setup for it. The NAP (Name, Address, Phone #) is important to keep consistent across all citations/listings for local SEO.

kjh-08, Mar 25, 2015 IP
  3. lemontwist

lemontwist Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info, I totally missed Google for Business.

I don't mind having a address associated with my business, I just don't want it to be my residence.

lemontwist, Mar 25, 2015 IP
  4. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing to worry about. I have my personal address listed for my company all over the web haha
    That's unless you have an actual brick and mortar location to use.

kjh-08, Mar 25, 2015 IP