1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Search On My Mobile Phone

Discussion in 'Google' started by parisent, Sep 10, 2017.

I hope this is the right thread for my question.

On my smartphone - I use Google. We erase history tracks from time to time - because what we search is our own business. But how do we erase the suggestion bar that sits just above the keyboard. Now, suppose I was searching for pics of Pam Anderson. And later on, I delete all of my searched history.

But, I noticed after, If I come back to Google search and type just the name Pam into Google search, - on the suggestion bar just above the keyboard - pops up >>> Pam Anderson Pics. I don't want that. Anyone who uses my smartphone could possible say - ok we sure know what he's looking at. How can you keep that from displaying.

What's the point of erasing your Google history - if the suggestion bar is going to be displaying what you looking at?

Thanks!!!!!
    SEMrush

parisent, Sep 10, 2017 IP
    SEMrush
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Are you using the google app or a browser to do the search?
    You do realise that Chrome on your phone has incognito too?
    Have you checked to see if Google is recording your web history? different from search

and then there's always the old idea that what happens online stays online so don't do anything you don't want your Grandma to see

sarahk, Sep 10, 2017 IP
  3. daica85

daica85 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that that's the Google search predictions function. You can turn it off by doing as below
    • Open the Google app Google.
    • At the top left, tap Menu Menuand then Settings and thenAutocomplete.
    • Tap the switch to turn "Show trending stories" off or on.
    Source from Google: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/106230

Hope this helps!

daica85, Sep 10, 2017 IP
  4. kellyrose

kellyrose Member

Best Answers:
    You are clearly saying that problem is with your mobile search.
    If you type a single word, repeatedly then your phone will store that 'word' or 'phrase' and show it to you next time to speed up your task.
    Phone's coding was written accordingly, to store the most used or typed phrases to comes first, whenever user starts typing first 2 or 3 letters, then they will get this kind of output.

In order to overcome this problem, please go to keyboard settings, these are called 'Predictive Text' actions.
    So uncheck the 'predict text' option, you won't see that word, or if you want to remove that particular word only, then you will get the list of 'predictive text words' choose from that.

kellyrose, Sep 11, 2017 IP