1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Search not working

Discussion in 'Google' started by Jim Kernicky, Dec 17, 2018.

I hope this is the right forum, but whenever I type a keyword phrase in the search box, no results are shown. It has the query string in the address bar but the page is totally white. Like it is freezing. Does anyone know what would cause this? I have cleared my cache. It also happens for Firefox. I started using Vivaldi and only that works. I also typed bing.com and yahoo.com in the address bar to try searches and those work.

I'm using a laptop and I have Comcast internet. A second thing I experience from time to time is that Facebook does the same thing - the link is in the address bar but it never loads. Do you think Comcast is screwing me somehow? I've tried all sorts of fixes and nothing seems to work. I can't use Keywords Everywhere or allintitle: searches.

Here is a screen pic

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2018
    Jim Kernicky, Dec 17, 2018 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
  3. Jim Kernicky

Jim Kernicky Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's a thread for people having problems with a search on comcast.com site.

qwikad.com likes this.
  4. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Dec 17, 2018 IP
  5. Jim Kernicky

Jim Kernicky Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That seems to be about someone not even being able to get to google.com. I'm wondering if it is my virus program Bitdefender. Or my use of the allintitle searching on Google.

6. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    If you do find out what the cause is, please, do share it on here. Anything I searched online didn't seem to point me in the right direction.

qwikad.com, Dec 17, 2018 IP
  7. Jim Kernicky

Jim Kernicky Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I found an article and it was only about clearing cache but there is a large comment section. I'll add a link below if you want to check it out but one guy mentions

"...Turn off your router. While it’s sitting restart the pc and while it’s booting up turn the router back on. Something about the DNS cache in the router gets gunked up!"

Does that make sense to you? And when he says turn off the router, does that mean just unplug it? I don't think it has a on\off button. I'm going to continue reading the comments and I have another 5 articles or so to read. I'm getting tired though. Might try the router thing in the morning. Here's the link to the article with all the comments:

http://www.shaneycrawford.com/2013/03/how-to-fix-google-search-engine-not-working-in-chrome/comment-page-1/

8. Jim Kernicky

Jim Kernicky Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    By the way, I also did: Start : Run : “cmd” - ipconfig /flushdns

9. Jim Kernicky

Jim Kernicky Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    [SOLVED]: It was Bitdefender - I have the free version. I added https://www.google.com/ as an exception. I opened Bitdefender, clicked on Protection in the Left Sidebar, then I clicked Exceptions under Online Threat Prevention. In the pop-up, I pasted the link to Google's main page in the text box next to Add and then clicked Add. DONE. I tried a quick search and it worked.

Jim Kernicky, Dec 18, 2018 IP
  10. achusonline

achusonline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Glad you were able to solve it yourself. And thanks for sharing the solution with everyone.

achusonline, Dec 19, 2018 IP