1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google search has plenty of answers for this, but none have fixed mine yet?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Google+' started by jackdashack, Oct 31, 2013.

Windows 8 / Hewlett Packard Desktop PC / latest version of Chrome / only about 2 extensions, benign and used the a long time without this problem

Several days ago in a hurry I believe I let one of those obnoxious installs go by while installing a download manager or the program itself.

I have Searched on Google every way I can and cannot find my fix.

When I start Chrome up the first tab is fine, it loads a 2nd tab with Yahoo. I can't use the address search bar any longer except for Yahoo.

I have tried every remedy and fix and changed all the appropriate settings in Google Chrome. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it. Therefore the devil must be in the detail. detail=registry.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this Yahoo existence anywhere on my Google Chrome browser. I'm tempted to stop using it as the more I see Yahoo, the more I despise it. I was neutral about Yahoo before. Now I'm it's biggest detractor. I hate it with a passion. It took "MY" browser over and won't let it back.

Thanks for any help! Jack ":-\\

jackdashack, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  2. RosuC

RosuC Active Member

Best Answers:
    It should be another part where Yahoo is installed - go to the chrome://settings/ and check there as well the Appearance and Search TAB - usually Yahoo is putting his mark there as well. As usama18 said you should check the extension and disable the Yahoo Tray

RosuC, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  3. jackdashack

jackdashack Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You gents are so kind to take the time. I wish it was as simple as that. I have had computers since 1987 and been on the web since 1996. I can tell you I have learned lots of fixes, and will go anywhere in the registry that someone guides to fix things. I know the easy places to check. So having said ... I have check the setting>Extensions and have no Yahoo Tray (nothing with Yahoo there) and the Appearance Tab is as it should be. It says open on Google, which the first tab does do. But it opens a 2nd tab for Yahoo and that's not so bad but I've been used to very quickly typing my searches in the address bar, which Yahoo has again taken over. I go to Settings and Makes sure Yahoo is gone, DELETED, as a search engine. Google is Default. Still when I open the browser it opens 2 tabs and Yahoo has re-installed itself. It is truly a "legal" virus. I know the answer must be in the registry but as of yet no one has been able to direct me. I have even uninstalled Chrome and re-installed the Educational Chrome. Still it does this. This virus is stuck in the registry somewhere. I know, I am repeating myself. And it makes me darn frustrated. I can't believe that Chrome has not somewhere come out with a fix for this. I am about to stop using Chrome because of this and use either my installed IE or the Firefox I installed. I was neutral about Yahoo but now I despise it with a passion. Who gives them the right to do this. I know, I did probably allow a toolbar or something to download when I was in a hurry. Still, I have done that in the past and it was easy enough to fix. This defies all fixes I've found. And I have search a number of them, and the complaints are many, on Google. Thanks again guys! ":-\\

jackdashack, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  4. kutchbhi

kutchbhi Active Member

Best Answers:
    reason no## I use Opera, no annoying addons possible. ATleast that was the case with opera 12. THe latest versions of opera are based on chrome

kutchbhi, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  5. jackdashack

jackdashack Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good point kutchbhi. I may download that I wonder what you like about Opera over Firefox. Is it the "no add-ons" exclusively that you like? Are you saying that nothing can hijack Opera?

6. kutchbhi

kutchbhi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I won't say that nothing can hijack Opera, but since Opera is not a popular browser, the browser isn't targeted by annoyance-makers.
    What I like about Opera - I could write a small book about that. But in short its the features, the options and the customizability of opera that I love. :)

kutchbhi, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  7. jackdashack

jackdashack Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yep, I see. I think what I didn't mention is that I depend on Google to sync everything across all devices. I have this HP Pc desktop, 2 Xp machines ( I take such good care they just last, so they're spread around the house ) and and Google Android tablet. So the syncing is definitely a factor. I don't know how easy Opera is to sync across devices. I'll have to look into that. Thanks! ":-D