1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google search api replacement

Discussion in 'Google API' started by vit, Sep 14, 2011.

Is there a replacement for Google search API for web search and how people cope with not being able to take advantage of google search results any longer?
    I heard usage of scripts for search is not allowed in their terms. Is it allowed to use search results HTML manually?

vit, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  2. Elysian

Elysian Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm also wondering about this :L

Elysian, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  3. shmekerosu

shmekerosu Active Member

Best Answers:
    As I read we have 3 years from 01 Nov 2010 when old search API will be deprecated and stoped...am I wrong ?

shmekerosu, Sep 26, 2011 IP
  4. DaveCS

DaveCS Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't use google api any longer due to limitations imposed on some after I deployed. If you guys have never used the Bing search api I would definitely take a look. Getting app keys is easy, there are usage stats but NO Limitations other than the translations but those are very very liberal.

I personally think the bing search api (movies with run time and thumbs, image only with thumbs, news, etc) can't be beat by any competitors and is certainly superior to google.

DaveCS, Oct 13, 2011 IP