1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google says Indexed URLs in Sitemap-No data available. Please check back soon.

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by raiderremo, Feb 25, 2009.

I have phpBB3 forum website which getinng new posts every day. I have done all the SEO for that and submit the sitemap to google. In google webmaster tools its says from my forum its indexed 341 URLs, but still nothing indexed.
    What the hell this is, please help me.

In sitemap summary

Sitemap type web

Format Sitemap Index
    Submitted Feb 23, 2009
    Last downloaded by Google 4 hours ago
    Status OK
    Total URLs in Sitemap 341
    Indexed URLs in Sitemap No data available. Please check back soon.

Attached Files:

raiderremo, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  2. bobthegiant

bobthegiant Peon

Best Answers:
    Google has accepted your sitemap and told you what it sees in the site map but the actually indexing of the site itself is a seperate process. You send a sitemap and the following happens.

1) Google checks it and gives you any errors if any are encounterd
    2) At some point when they are crawling send its little crawl bot to your site to index those pages

As long as you get no major errors on the sitemap and you do not have anything blocking the bots you should see it come up within about a week - two weeks of being online.

If you are getting posts made everyday then you need to submit a new sitemap every day with those new links available in it so they have fresh data. The google sitemap tool and a cron job will do just that and is fairly straight forward.

I also found google will begin indexing your site before that tool updates. You can go to google and type

site:yourdomain.com

This will tell you if it has found anything on your URL and not update the webmaster tool.

bobthegiant, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  3. raiderremo

raiderremo Member

Best Answers:
    Before submitting the site map Google BOT visits my sities once or twice a month. Day before yesterday i submitted now yesterday and today also google BOT visits my site, this we can know in phphBB3 forum admin panel. After submitting sitemap of 340 URLs will it take time to index that? thats what you mean?

raiderremo, Feb 26, 2009 IP
  4. bobthegiant

bobthegiant Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes thats right, how long has the site been up for?

Intsall crawl track to your website,

www.crawltrack.net

After you install it you insert the script into your footer or similiar and it will track your google bot visits.

I found this handy to monitor what pages google bot was crawling.

bobthegiant, Feb 26, 2009 IP
  5. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can't trust Google Webmaster Tools indexed URLs stats. When delete/submit new sitemaps it will list indexed URLs as 0... Even though a simple google search proves it wrong. I have written an article about Indexed URLs - I believe the number reflects the number of URLs in the submitted XML sitemap that has been verified to be in Google's index.

websitetools, Feb 27, 2009 IP
  6. bobthegiant

bobthegiant Peon

Best Answers:
    Just because you delete a site map does not mean google will delete the indexed pages it has.

A sitemap is simply a list of URL's google knows is on your site it has nothing to do with indexing at all.

Google indexing will only ever be removed if you get excluded for doing something wrong or if your site is innacesible for a period of time the bot will stop coming back.

bobthegiant, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  7. raiderremo

raiderremo Member

Best Answers:
    Oh! I submitted my site map on Feb-23, its almost more than 2 weeks. Still google indexed only 3 pages out of 432 URLs. Notably Google bot visits my site more than twice a day in average. I don't understand what the hell this is! anything wrong with my site? I checked the site map today, all the URLs are perfect.

Please help me! Advance thanks

raiderremo, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  8. tewage

tewage Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, that's easy...you have 432 pages. You'll see a harder response with sitemaps with over 90 links..not just 90, I mean like a lot of links.

tewage, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  9. raiderremo

raiderremo Member

Best Answers:
    So..what i have to do now? is that 430 URLs at a time is the problem? what the solution?

raiderremo, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  10. setexas

setexas Peon

Best Answers:
    I had an XML Sitemap with over 9000 links. Google would index about 6000. I found that when I broke the file up into multiple: sitemap.xml, sitemap2.xml, sitemap3.xml, etc., and submitted each one of them, I was able to get more pages indexed. I don't think I'll ever get 100% but I'm getting closer.

setexas, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  11. Bruna Mulinari

Bruna Mulinari Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I think phpbb is definitely not a good web script for seo :/

Bruna Mulinari, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  12. Boss73

Boss73 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think Google indexes all the submitted URLs. I read that somewhere but I can rmmbr where. However, you will start noticing them increasing a bit by bit and it might take up to a month!

Boss73, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  13. weboweb

weboweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried a search for site:www.yoursitename.com ? In my experience, a lot of the content pulled from sitemaps doesn't return during the first few months except for the site: queries.

weboweb, Apr 13, 2009 IP