1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google "Sandbox" Threshold with "Hysteresis"

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by hexed, May 21, 2004.

1. nohaber

nohaber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    schlottke,
    I don't contradict myself. According to hexed, a page will not rank for a considerable time for competitive keywords, but will rank sooner for non-competitive keywords. This is KEYWORD-SPECIFIC. If google is to implement hexed theory, it has to store info about every possible query (and they are many). Google will have to know for every page in the index the first time it appeared in the SERPs etc.etc. This is storing info about specific keywords.

What I have written is LINK-SPECIFIC. It won't matter if you want your page ranked for competitive or non-competitive terms. I am talking about the value of a LINK between different hosts. I am talking about the time when Google updates its inverted index, which includes anchor hits and the time when it recalculated PageRank. So, google may show you some PageRank, but internally it may use a totally different modified PR. Also, the anchor hits may be given different values. What I am saying has nothing to do with queries. Although, let's say google may devalue new links, you can still get a top ranking for new page, if you have a huge PR. What I imply does not require more memory. It is simply another step in the algo, which is done "in-house" before index update. It won't affect the reponse time and memory requirements. What I imply just changes the data in the index. Because the inverted index, ALREADY has the capability of classifying the value of links.

You see. I make a hypothesis that tries to explain the same phenomenon as I and hexed see. But, mine is technically feasible. That's the difference.

nohaber, May 24, 2004 IP
  2. Chatmaster

Chatmaster Guest

Best Answers:
    You just did! :cool:

Chatmaster, May 26, 2004 IP
  3. nohaber

nohaber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How did I contradict myself, Chatmaster?

nohaber, May 26, 2004 IP
  4. payoutwindow

payoutwindow Peon

Best Answers:
    raising the dead .. very nice thread .. noobs should enjoy.

payoutwindow, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  5. inthedark

inthedark Peon

Best Answers:
    so what exactly is the moral of the story here?

that the sandbox is a function of Google only updating page rank once per quarter vs monthly plus possibly a link dampening factor?

inthedark, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  6. Chrissicom

Chrissicom Guest

Best Answers:
    I think this is the most stupid thing I have read in the whole article. Sorry when I sound confusing I don't think that this is wrong, I think that Google is doing something really stupid!

This means changing your domain will most likely put you in the sandbox, even when you change an indexed GeoCities site to a TLD which is not that stupid. It also means that Google "doesn't allow" you to advertise your website as long as they don't list it and it's new. I would totally ignore that as a webmaster and don't care about Google rankings, I get enough SE traffic from Yahoo and MSN. Since most traffic is from website links and link exchanges with similar websites though I just get as many as possible and also for a new website because it just delivers a lot more traffic than a lousy good Google ranking that's much harder to get than a good link exchange.

Chrissicom, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  7. Starfighter

Starfighter Peon

Best Answers:
    Now, I do not know how to explain this. For years operating systems have been treated by me as a child. When they do not behave properly, I make adjustments.

Has any one out there had there sites come up 27 time in a row on the forst three pages of Google?

Lets talk about not getting 1 Domain to the top of the list, but lets talk about getting 100 Domains to the top of all lists.

Now why sell one Web Site, when you can sell a Hundread at one time.

Any questions. One more thing. Integrity and Honor are virtues that I employ. Any thing that I own o possess I consider a gift, if I have a place to live food in the fredge and clothes on my baxck I am content.

So the propsed question is, has any on eout there have experiance in Multible Domain Name Rankings?

Starfighter :eek:

Starfighter, Dec 1, 2007 IP