1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Rule Breakers

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by TopSpin, Sep 1, 2004.

I've noticed that there are some websites with excellent positions that seem to breaking the rules. The 'link' in Google is loaded with keywords and the actual page is named the same as the keyword phrase in question. However, once you link to that page - you are re-directed to the company's home page. I didn't think this was 'legal'. Any ideas??

PS - the search phrase in Google is "minneapolis web design" and the site in question is brainfusionstudios.com/sales/minneapoliswebdesign.htm - currently #9

TopSpin, Sep 1, 2004 IP
    H-Man likes this.
  2. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    It isnt legal, its a form of cloaking. Sooner or later the result will be removed from the index.

You're #4, anyway, arent you?

schlottke, Sep 1, 2004 IP
  3. ROV

ROV Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know if it does any good but it might make you feel better.

Google Spam Report

ROV, Sep 1, 2004 IP
  4. TopSpin

TopSpin Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I'm #4 - and I assumed that the form of cloaking was illegal. However, they have been around for quite a while and they don't seem to be losing any steam.

I asked the question out of a desire to learn more about others' techniques (both solid and shoddy).

TopSpin, Sep 1, 2004 IP