1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Responds to AdSense Sharing

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Help Desk, Jul 15, 2004.

1. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree Bob there is no reason for you and I to become enemies again, we were long ago, but as I have said in the past you have a hell of a lot to offer to this webmaster and SEO community. I will always consider you a friend no matter if we happen to disagree on a issue or two. This forum seems to be a place for the free exchange of ideas and you should continue to give your thoughts to every thread as you are a big part of the character of this forum.

Bling, this issue has nothing to do with how happy folks that work for Google are, the main thing is that they are responsive to their customers (webmasters) who buy their ads. Publishers (webmasters) who give them space on web pages to place their ads. In addition to that they have to be responsible to give fair organic results to the public and their main customers (webmasters), Bling you have it backwords, Google has to make their customers happy (webmasters) to survive just like any other company that wants to grow has to be responsive to their customers.

I could not care less about the happy folks at Google, the pressure will remain on them as it is on any service provider to please their customers (webmasters), if they can not do this their customers (webmasters) will put Google into the outer darkness.

anthonycea, Jul 16, 2004 IP
  2. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Anthony,

I said I wasn't going to disagree with you any more, but I think you are way off on this point. The searching public are Google's customers. Most of the webmasters in the world are rather pissed off with them. We have no apparent influence at all. We think we understand their rules or algos and then as soon as we get our sites in line with this understanding they change all the rules and we are off on the chase for another 3 to 6 month.

Read the McDar thread and others. Not only are webmaster and SEO upset, they are generally concerned that Google seem to have lost their way and isn't even coming close to presenting relevant web pages in their SERPs.

Look at the webmaster who write with spam reports and complaint, and to whom Google never responds, and does nothing. If Google has one outstanding characteristic it is that they ignore webmasters.

Look at all the threads about Google hating SEO. SEO practioners are webmasters. In my mind, and to my chagrin, Google has studiously ignored, and maintain their independence from, webmasters.

Web masters universally would leap to any SE that did a better job or paid a little more attention to their voice. Google is not being solitictous to web masters. In fact they have pissed them off in droves. The only problem is that, all that not withstanding, they still get the majority of the search traffic, and the don't try and extort payment from anybody for a place in their index.

So because Google is the only game in town, web masters have to put up with the shit.

compar, Jul 16, 2004 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Bob you and I seem to be friends in some weird way, so here we go again.

Customers are those that buy things from a company.

Webmasters buy ADWORDS from Google.

Google is a partner with Webmasters who publish ADSENSE.

Where do customers go when they click on an ADSENSE ad, to a website that a Webmaster runs, he pays Google to bring him traffic, so the webmaster is the customer.

How does Google make money from the general public?

I have not seen anyone pay for a search yet.

So from what I have seen the main customers of Google seem to be WEBMASTERS.

We need to form a WEBMASTERS UNION and demand that the search engines serve their customers, PERIOD.

And Bob, I do not expect you to agree with me on anything but what I am right on, sock it to me if you feel I am wrong.

4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I would have to agreed with you in a technical sense. But Internet companies and Google in particular have strange business models. Who were Googles customers before they started to sell AdWords? Without a single customer, by your definition, they were still a hugely successful company -- if success can be defined in terms of the number of people using your services.
    Yes, but the question is why? The answer is because Google has all the search "customers". Webmasters want those people to be their customers also. Google doesn't get webmasters to buy their ads by collusion or favoritism. Google get webmasters to by their ads by serving the searchers better than any other search engine.
    Well that is corect to the extent that a partnership is a relationship that goes both ways, but I think most of us think Google has been reasonable generous in allowing us to get a piece of their action.
    By serving them so well that webmasters will pay them to display ads on their SERPs. It is something like the Gillette model. You give the razor away to get the blade sales. But every ambitious webmaster does exactly the same thing. If you or I can build sufficent traffic to our sites we can sell advertising on them. That doesn't put us in some evil or underhanded conspiracy with our advertisers.
    Not directly, but every time they find a site and purchase something from it they pay. And how about their monthly ISP bill. It costs them to be able to search even if the do not pay the search company directly.
    Well if that is the case they treat them like hell. There are no webmasters on their board of directors. There is no webmaster advisory commitee or counsel.

The second that Google starts to talk to or listen to webmasters, will be the second that they lose the public confidence and loyalty. Then they won't have anything to sell to webmasters.
    You may be right on this issue. Webmasters of the world arise! You have nothing to lose but your Google abuse!

Anthony, I've been in the business long enough that if Google was colluding with webmasters I would have been contacted. They just aren't doing it.

compar, Jul 16, 2004 IP
  5. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:

I get that- I wasn't accusing you of anything.

I'm just saying that I'm sure they don't always contact people first; there's a big difference between a minor violation and something relatively serious like soliciting clicks- if it's really severe, I'm sure they won't give you a warning at all.

disgust, Jul 16, 2004 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well Bob here we go again, you know that Google and all of the other search engines are aware of every word that is said on this and every other forum. If Google ain't listening you can bet that M$ and Yahoo and every other player is looking very closely at what we are saying here.

These webmaster forums are Billions of dollars of free research that they will all use in the future for program development and marketing, you can bet your ___ on it.

They have all of the pages saved, so they listen to you everytime you post, they have PR men on webmaster forums for a reason.

Google customers are webmasters at this time, can anyone find any other customers that pay Google money?

Just like Andrew at the Register says, there is no search business, it is an advertising business that generates profit, that is what Google sells, that is their product.

The software used to data mine is used to deliver that product, next their Puffin hard drive search software will take files from the hard drives of computer users and target relevant ads back based on those files.

Just like Gmail does, just like ADSENSE does, just like ADWORDS does, just like Blogger does, just like Orkut does.

7. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure if you have a point.

Let A = Quality of search results
    Let B = AdWords Revenue
    Let C = The relative amount of "SERP/Ad" manipulation (If C = 0 then there is no SERP/Ad manipulation)

As A increases B increases (effective Search Results = effective AdWords Placement)
    As A decreases B decreases (less effective SERPS = less effective AdWords Placement)

An increase in C increases B but decreases A. This in turn decreases B.

Therefore the only way to increase B is to increase A. ...or the only way to increase AdWords revenue is to increase the quality of search results.

Anthony, can you explain what your are trying to say in these terms?

Help Desk, Jul 17, 2004 IP
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    That has alway been your problem Bling, you are not sure, that stuff in your post is almost as confusing as "Larry Page Rank" which is just a smoke screen blown by Google to confuse webmasters and to chain web surfers to the toolbar.

If sites with ADSENSE pages are ranked high in the SERP's, then web surfers look at more Google ads, is that hard for you to understand?

anthonycea, Jul 17, 2004 IP
  9. Help Desk

Best Answers:
    Which part are you confused by? I'm sure I can explain it for you.

10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    The part I am confused by is why you like to spread propaganda for Google, how many more threads are you going to start on the toolbar?

Does your brother work for Google Bling?

If you really want to know what the toolbar is Bling, instead of promoting spyware, I got some news for you, Page Rank and Web Rank are scams and spyware to give page views back.

Adsense publishers rankings are part of Google's Algo, it does not matter if you believe it or not.

Can you explain why other search engines are banning sites with ADSENSE pages that are cut and paste template pages simply to churn web surfers into looking at more ADSENSE ads?

Next do you believe that Google has something to do with this (ADSENSEMASTERS) idea of a few keywords on each page with the rest of the page being ADSENSE.

If you need example links posted, I have plenty of these pages for you Bling.

Or just go to www.searchwars.squarespace.com and look at the ADSENSE BUSINESS page, it may give you a better idea, but I think you know exactly what I am talking about.

You just have a great problem with something called "the truth".

11. Help Desk

Best Answers:
    Don't change the subject. Which part of my previous statement confuses you?

If all that you can is change the subject, please stop posting on this thread and open one with whatever conspiracy theory you're advocating this hour.

12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    When you come up with a subject or a question instead of the crap you present, please post it.

I think your problem is this Bling, you have a problem with reality and answering questions, even simple ones that are not presented as some sort of crazy enigma that you created.

Now that is exactly Google's problem, they give webmasters a search engine that just can not be figured out, secret algo's that favor the Google profit machine.

Maybe a "so called CT thread" should be started on you Bling, can I start it on your forum since it seems that you like to promote it so much?

After all Bling, it seems that you are following in the same model as DP anyway with your programming and ADSENSE sharing program. That is really why you started this thread on DP, right Bling?

The only way I will agree on writing for your forum is if I can come on and expose your bias for anything Google, think about it Bling.

13. Help Desk

Best Answers:
    You still haven't answered the question. Which part confuses you?

Please don't post on my forum as I don't allow spam.

Help Desk, Jul 18, 2004 IP
  14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Bling, I would hope no one would ever post on your forum, I am sure that you are a censor anyway.

No one wants a one way debate, so really your forum is a worthless place, you may be a decent programmer, but you are one of the worst forum players and posters I have ever seen.

So your forum as a place for the free and uncensored exchange of ideas has to be a worthless one.

Do you ask silly questions on your forum like you do here, is it filled with Google PR Hype Bling?

The part of your posts that really confuse me are this Bling, since you have your own forum, what the hell are you doing here, is it to highjack traffic back to your forum, can you answer that question?

anthonycea, Jul 18, 2004 IP
  15. Help Desk

Best Answers:
    How much more defamation of character are you going to throw?

As a side note, what else can be done to posters who sling verbal garbage? Removing one's linking ability and noting their reputation as horrid does not slow the flow of nonsense they write? Is there any way we can vote people off or limit their posting to one a day? Many here are tired of threads evolving into nonsensical annoyance due to just one bad poster.

Help Desk, Jul 18, 2004 IP
  16. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    I would be happy to see a certain member tossed to the wind, but I have found that putting him on my "ignore" list has helped to ignore him. When viewing a thread, it shows that he has posted, but doesn't actually show his annoying words. I recommend it to all. If you don't respond, he won't get off on it as much and will (hopefully) soon fade away. :D

ViciousSummer, Jul 18, 2004 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Bling, if you were running the forum here you would have no problems with voting members off because you would have no members like your forum does right now.

When you start running the joint here, please post it, so I can leave and find a better place to post, I do not think I could stand looking at all your links and PR Hype after you start running the joint.

Character, why don't you go stand in line at McDonald's and tell all of their customers how good your hamburgers are at your joint across the street and see how they receive you, is that character Bling?

Poor poor censors, I feel sorry for you, would not want your eyes to be corrupted by the truth, I know how much it hurts.

Maybe you should take some TV stations off of your remote control also, you should not see certain things, nor should you know anything that is on the other side of what you already know and make a vain effort to promote. :eek:

Bling can I save your tears, the fire department can use them to put out fires.

Email Google and tell them that some monster is saying things about them, maybe they will add you to the spy network, you are already a soldier in the PR Hype department so do not apply for that job, no duplication of effort is needed.

anthonycea, Jul 19, 2004 IP
  18. Help Desk

Best Answers:
    Wow, it's like a huge burden has been lifted from my shoulders. I hope that everybody else takes this advices as well.

Help Desk, Jul 19, 2004 IP
  19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Bling, I will never need the feature, since I will never go to your forum.

Let's talk about character Bling, should I bring up some of your posts where you made up fake quotes by myself, that shows your character Bling.

I think you should quit bringing up the character issue, since you would have to dig real deep to find any in yourself. :cool:

As far as advice goes, I would never take any from you with all due respect.

anthonycea, Jul 19, 2004 IP
  20. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    Isn't it great? It definatly helps me from getting annoyed when I don't even have to read his ridiculously repetitive rhetoric. :)

Glad I could help, Bling!

ViciousSummer, Jul 19, 2004 IP