1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

google removes adsense referals for non american japanese latin american publishers

Discussion in 'Google' started by gerer, Jan 9, 2008.

google removes adsense referals for non american japanese latin american publishers

its really long and very discriptive

just have a look

http://groups.google.com/group/Inside-AdSense/browse_thread/thread/02b1cebb24a20459?hl=en

whats your say

i had made $5 once a long time ago from the adsense referal no bonuses though

i m from india and this chnage is going to affect me

have you ever made any money or bonus from these referals

note: the new adsense referal 2.0 is going to continue though

gerer, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  2. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Frankly nothing much we can say, they are the decision makers, they set the rules and the prices and we follow, simple as that. Unless you are those huge Adsense partners, your voice may be heard, but for small publishers, what can we do or say?

wisdomtool, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  3. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This escapes the logic what I would expect (I mean... certainly there must be less profitable adsense partners also in the US compared to other countries), but I guess Google is free to do what they want in their business. And the people are free to change google to some other advertising solution.

Shoemoney & Problogger said their opinion about the change:
    http://www.problogger.net/archives/2008/01/09/adsense-change-rules-stupidity-stupidity-stupidity/
    http://www.shoemoney.com/2008/01/08/adsense-slaps-foreign-webmasters-in-the-face/

My own opinion: Google is doing a business that works for them, but this type of behavior should remind us that relying solely on Google today might not be the best way to get income. They change PR, they bring adsense smart pricing, they bring referral changes - it happens. Businesses change, and relying on 3rd party provider brings it own risks.

Game Producer, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  4. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is not good

I for exemple didn't refer nobody and didn't use there program but still :(

w3bmaster, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  5. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    For Shoemoney & Problogger they are a different category altogether, they do not have to endure the "slaps" as they can easily find far more profitable advertisers given their popularity.

For us in general, Google decides it is not profitable for them, that's it and that's final. Thats the reason why I was hoping that Widgetbucks etc works because I do not wish to put all eggs in a basket. But at this moment Adsense is still the best, like it or not :(

I remembered when Adsense was first started, how fast and easy was it to get an account, now as they have grown they are now trimming the borderline publishers and start changing the rules.

wisdomtool, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  6. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They made a business decision.
    People do seem to take every decision google makes very personally - I can see it's frustrating when the pay structure changes, and especially when a potential revenue stream is taken out of your market - but you're not friends, you're in business - if you try google adsense or google referrel and it doesn't make enough money for you, you take it off your site and try bidvertiser or something else. Google doesn't sulk because you've made a business decision

magda, Jan 9, 2008 IP