1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google reCaptcha privacy.

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by AndreasSky, Jul 20, 2019.

Over the last few weeks, reCpatcha has gotten a lot of criticism about how they track their users, I think it's good that we start raising online privacy questions more. There have also been a lot of posting about this on many Reddit forums, and this made me look a bit deeper into the alternatives we have. hCaptcha has a new approach, where a website owner can earn every time a hCaptcha is solved and you better privacy they already have millions of people using it. Is anyone here using hCaptcha?
    How much is Google’s bot detection really worth?

AndreasSky, Jul 20, 2019 IP
  2. chuiuiui

chuiuiui Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently started investigating reCAPTCHA alternatives, so I stumbled upon hCaptcha. I found it to be very annoying from a user perspective, even more annoying than clicking tiles in reCAPTCHA. The hCaptcha I was shown required me to mark the borders of the opening in a gate. First I wasn't quite sure what the captcha wanted me to do, and when I clicked it, a magnifying glass was displayed around the cursor to show more details, which I found distracting. So I really would suggest not to annoy your visitors with hCAPTCHa.
    Here is an excellent article I found that describes the problems with reCAPTCHA and discusses alternatives.

chuiuiui, Mar 2, 2020 IP
  3. zomex

zomex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The issue I have with ReCapcha is that generally you can pass first time without solving anything if you are logged-in to Google. All this does is encourage users to stay logged-in which gives Google a significant amount of freedom over how they track users.

zomex, Mar 2, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  4. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    zomex
    Every product of google is built that way, to track what people are doing...

JEET, Mar 8, 2020 IP