1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google reCAPTCHA Cracked

Discussion in 'Google' started by AdamFL, Jan 22, 2011.

1. DanAbbamont

DanAbbamont Guest

Best Answers:
    This all probably has something to do with the new XRumer being out. A bunch of people have cracked recaptcha before and my guess is it's now standard in XRumer.

DanAbbamont, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  2. goldenprince000

goldenprince000 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as i have read, its because of Xrumer 7 which is spreading the spam with ease.
    I added two custom profile fields with drop down answers on registration, and bot spam registrations are story of past.

goldenprince000, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  3. toxicchili

toxicchili Peon

Best Answers:
    I've given up on a few forums in the past because I just couldn't cope with all the spam, use to drive me mad having to delete 80+ registrations daily. A forum I am currently Admin on is getting bad as well, although we have done a lot to clear it up recently.

toxicchili, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  4. Daws0n

Daws0n Peon

Best Answers:
    Anti-Spam verification questions are also helpful in fighting Spam bots

Daws0n, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  5. Patricianian

Patricianian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Another alternative solution to prevent spam on your site is to use a hidden timer/script that will moniter the over-all timing for the registration process: filling fields and submitting.
    This way you could simply seperate humans from spam bots, cause bots knows the fields names and auto-fill them accordenly - then fill the captcha and hit submit.. quite fast ;)

Wish I could help you with that - or post a code/plugin for everyone, but I'm quite busy - Why don't you PM me sometime after the weekend? Might sort something out for you.

Bet you would do much better than him btw :D better start now.

Patricianian, Jan 27, 2011 IP
    monosodium likes this.
  6. Saelanares

Saelanares Active Member

Best Answers:
    Search "decaptcher" on google and there will be quite a few results. They're mostly quite cheap for bots to use for spamming, I believe that some of them are bots that take educated guesses at the captcha, and some are just people that sit at the computer typing captchas all day.

Saelanares, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  7. EddieJ

EddieJ Peon

Best Answers:
    I found an easy to keep these SPAM/BOTS out of my page..there is a company called Confident Technologies and they are using Imaged-Based Authentication. Had it installed for about a week and I am very STOKED!!!! :)

EddieJ, Jan 31, 2011 IP