1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Reader only showing 10 unread items.

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by MadTogger, Sep 19, 2011.

Hi,

I am currently creating a small Windows application that uses the Cafe Press API to create an RSS feed of the products in a store.

While testing my application's output I have noticed an issue with either my RSS code or with Google Reader itself and am a little stuck.

The RSS feed for my own store returns all the products that I have for sale resulting in 150 items.

When I subscribe to this feed via Google Reader, Google Reader does infact list all 150 items but only the first 10 are classed as unread.

These first 10 have the check box allowing you to mark as read or to uncheck it to mark as unread but the other 140 items do not have the check box at all.

Similarly when I display this feed on my Google homepage, there are only the 10 items available.

I cannot understand what is going on.

I do subscribe to other feeds via Google Reader, such as The PirateBay and with them for instance, they can show 'x' amount of unread feeds in the morning and if I do not read them this number increases throughout the day.
    Basically this was my understanding as to how RSS feeds are meant to work, just can't figure out why mine isn't.

The link to my test feed is here:

(madtogger.co.uk/testbed/madtogger-StoreList-rss2.xml)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards..,

MT

MadTogger, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  2. MadTogger

MadTogger Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

oddly the feed seems to have kicked into life now and all the items are showing on my Google homepage.

I am guessing it takes a while for the Google servers to update themselves.

I'll keep a check on it.

Regards..,

MT

MadTogger, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  3. uday nikam

uday nikam Peon

Best Answers:
    First check out the bug resolution and has details, then if will be fix this problem.

uday nikam, Sep 28, 2011 IP