1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Rankings

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by centrium, Dec 14, 2004.

I'm trying a few techniques to get my PHPBB up in the rankings, is there a good way to get my rankings up, as I looked at my referrers and still not getting a lot of traffic through from search engines which I would like. I've added what keywords I would think people would search on in my descrtipion but still not happening for me.

I've just started looking into optimisation, so excuse my novice attitude :)

Also I hear a lot about Overture, how do I find out what my Overture is etc??

centrium, Dec 14, 2004 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    There is a great FAQ here. (* I may be a bit biased since I wrote a lot of it) but on top of that use the search function here at DP with a wealth of information to go along with it.

Your best bet is to read a lot to get a general idea, then post your specific questions here.

Good Luck!

yfs1, Dec 14, 2004 IP
  3. dustin

dustin Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you aware that in its default state phpBB will not even get spidered by google? This happens because it uses a session id in the URL for users without cookies. You can get instructions on how to fix this here:
    http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=29

They are a little out-of-date versus the newest phpBB version, but the concept is the same.

dustin, Dec 15, 2004 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Will.Spencer, Dec 15, 2004 IP
  5. centrium

centrium Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello

Yea Ive recently found this out, so decided that I would go through this and fix the issues regarding the SIDs. Made a few changes over the past few days and beginnigng to see an improvment with pages indexed. I completed this today so hopefully will see more pages indexed...although the index page I edited the other day is now being indexed by google!

Cheers guys!!!

next I will need to find out my overture and submit to forum directories!!!!

centrium, Dec 16, 2004 IP