1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Ranking Report - Check Google PageRank

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by vinyl, Apr 18, 2004.

1. vinyl

vinyl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    foxy: contact me via email - support [at] freelance-help.com and we can setup remote query form on your site together... i just hope you have minimum PHP knowledge.

compar: my tool isn't ment to be copy of DP or any other tool, neither in functionality neither in supported stuff... it is ment to be ONLY PR checker for small quantities of URLs (so that lazy people don't compain, ofcourse :) - only addition i might do soon is to allow multiple URL's per search, i have not enough time to shut you down & make all your wishes come true as this is complety unprofitable project and more like a quick fun than serious SE tool - refer to the topic name, my signature or anything i mentioned - did i say backlinks tool? pages in url tool? chart tool? NO. if you want to compare it with something, be fair and compare it with similar purpose tool (PURE SIMPLE PAGERANK CHECK) as other people did. DP's tool is quite usefull, it has better functionality and more options but that isn't the target i am going to, although i easily could, regarding my coding knowledge. i don't take DP as competitor tool, so please don't make atmosphere like that - i am developer, and you are probably way out of my league, so don't judge someone's work you are not completly aware off. i didnt ask for any comparation with DP or Google Toolbar because I think those tools cannot be compared like you maliciosly do - it's simple - as you and me, they are in a different leagues and aren't ment to be compared. I don't know what gives you right to do that? I didnt ask for it, but nevermind, critisism is ok while there is right motivation. You want to help me build better tool? I doubt that. Maybe to tell people they have better tools than mine is? I don't neglect that, it's so easy to conclude, It's just unfair to write false sentences where you accuse me that "i am presenting usefull tool", althoigh I never said anything even similar, neither usefull, neither presented my tool as "making of a wheel", like you said. I really don't want you to ruin my thread with stupid competitive or functionality comparation - as i said, please understant that i am not targeting that kind of tools. People like different types of funcionality, I am sure somebody will prefer writing an URL instead of loging to account and seeing different stats, regarding PR check which is obviously one pointeless piece of information for you, if it isn't followed with bunch of SE things... but who cares, you found tool you need, maybe somebody will find tool he needs in my rank checker equals everybody happy. People have right to choose and it's gay to insult people if their choice doesn't meets yours. Who are you to tell people what is the right functionality, value or convenience? If you cannot support me in my efforts to make my small PR Check tool better, or to help me test it to see if results are accurate, please leave my thread. I am sorry, but I really don't want your pointeless comparations or any hidden insults in here - if you don't respect my work, respect this thread. Is that so hard? You said you don't like my tool, you said you reasons and ok, that's it. Is there anything you want to say your comments on before you leave? Want me to make Search Engine that will search thru posts on DP, and saying that that isn't enough and that you want both DP and DevShed forums searched, otherwise it has no value? Is that possitive criticism? I think no, correct me if I am wrong, but preferably, take all this as retoric questions with no need to answer on - I'd be happy if I never see you ugly avatar in the posts below, but I know that won't happen :)

vinyl, Apr 25, 2004 IP
  2. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Vinyl, here is your original question. You said specifically "tell me if you like it". You even asked this before you asked about accuracy.

Now I tested it and the accuracy was fine. But I don't like the tool. It has already been done, and done much better regardless of what operating system anyone is using.

So don't tell me I didn't answer your question. And in case you missed it the first time I don't like it.

compar, Apr 25, 2004 IP
  3. relaxzoolander

relaxzoolander Peon

Best Answers:
    vinyl:

thanks for providing another option that will report pagerank.
    the google toolbar...being the spyware that it is...is not my first choice to use to find pagerank.
    thanks for giving us all an alternative pagerank tool.

:)

relaxzoolander, Apr 25, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hehehe....

digitalpoint, Apr 25, 2004 IP
  5. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Yeah - ditto :)

john_loch, Apr 25, 2004 IP
  6. vinyl

vinyl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    comapar, who said you didn't answer me? just reffer to this part - "You said you don't like my tool, you said you reasons and ok, that's it." <- now goodbye :mad: my grandpa could sit in the chair like you and complain about everything, disliking it... as i said, you don't like it, good! seems you dont have intension to help me make it better, but nevermind, just leave my thread as i don't want you in here. it's one thing to say that you dont like it, but comparing it with uncomaparable, making some kind of competition atmosphere, insulting my work and people who like my tool is something completly different, so please be polite and fly away!

relaxzoolander: thanks for the kw's :) not bad avatar, again, but the circle thing is better ;)

vinyl, Apr 26, 2004 IP
    vishwaa likes this.
  7. qualion

qualion Guest

Best Answers:
    As to running a PR check from the MacOS X desktop -- that may not even be that hard. If the PR-calculator-script is something that could be written in javascript (the all-powerfull kind of javascript that's in Mozilla, including the ability to pull in info from the big ol' internet), it wouldn't be too hard to write a Widget for Konfabulator (www.konfabulator.com -- if you haven't checked it out already, do it now. Yes, now. You'll love it). I've done a widget before, it's not that difficult. And they can be made to look damn good, too =]

If anyone is interested in giving it a shot: I'd be willing to participate. However, since I'm a Very Busy Person, it's not going to happen overnight =]

qualion, May 5, 2004 IP
  8. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Blow me down - where did this one come from? and I didn't know it existed!!

Good call qualion - I'm having fun already - Cool tool

Let me have a look at the workings etc and then perhaps we can design that PR thing - vinyls is a great tool but it might be an easier option on the desktop.

:)

Foxy, May 5, 2004 IP
  9. qualion

qualion Guest

Best Answers:
    Konfabulator has been out for quite a while now -- there's a ton of widgets available, make sure to check the gallery!

As to making a PR tool widget, there are two options here:
    - Code the PR calculator into Javascript and encorporate it in a Widget
    - Make a special server-side version that takes an URI as parameter, and spits out just the corresponding PR

Both versions, however, require the user to get a Google API key -- you can't predict how many people will use the widget and how often, so you could quickly run out of your daily quota of 1000 queries. If the user has his/her own key, you don't have that problem.

Personally, I think the Javascript version is nicer: less bandwith involved (even though the request and response can be quite small: URI length + 2 digits + HTTP headers) and such. OTOH, I could imagine that someone who has written a PR calculator isn't too happy to just start handing out the code. So I think this is going to be implemented with a server-side companion (banners are "not done" in widgets, but it would be possible to include a link to the site of the person who "sacrifices" bandwidth for the widget).

Other features I was thinking of:
    - Make it possible to do either a simple "enter URI, get PR back" kind of setup, or "gimme a list of URIs, get PR back", possibly with history and all, a bit like the digitalpoint.com checker. It's probably best to have 2 separate widgets for that, since it's quite a difference in both code and layout. A PR-check and PR-check Lite, so to speak.
    - Why not include inbound links, outbound links and whatever statistical info the Google-folks are willing to share?
    - It has to be shiny, widgets are all about eye-candy. =]

Oh, and for those that think "nice, but I'm not investing time in something that'll only run on Macs": a Windoze version is in the making, and there really isn't a reason why it wouldn't be portable to Linux too. Basically, Konfabulator is an XML parser, Javascript engine and display engine rolled into one package. I have no hands-on experience in XUL / XAML, but I suppose this would be something similar.

Boy, that was a long one. Does my enthousiasm show? =]

qualion, May 6, 2004 IP
  10. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Yup, it's a nice piece of work. But the real issue is the checksum calc that allows you to retrieve the profile from G. Get that, and you're on your way.

john_loch, May 6, 2004 IP
  11. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Mmmm

I think I'll play a bit more!!

But it sounds fun :D

Foxy, May 6, 2004 IP
  12. pcarlow

pcarlow Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would like a tool that allows me to display a page which contains the PR for every page on my site at once. Best case scenerio would be a spider that follows every internal link. However, it would probably be easier to design a tool where I just plug in all the urls at once and it spits out a page with the PR for every page I submitted.

This way I could keep one file with ever url from my site and check PR on every page all at once. That would be very useful. Can you do that? :D

pcarlow, May 10, 2004 IP
  13. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Go to the tools menu up top in the navigation bar, and go to View PageRank By Keywords. A query of: site:www.yourdomain.com should do it.

- Shawn

digitalpoint, May 10, 2004 IP
  14. vinyl

vinyl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    small change has been made... now supporting multiple sites per search... ;)

vinyl, May 30, 2004 IP
  15. t2dman

t2dman Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting looking tool. Few of the general public know what Google PR is, so it could be interesting to have on my website, and give you some nice PR in the process.

Fascinating - vbulletin ...forum.php?f=6 type strings don't show PR on my toolbar, but your tool shows PR. So your tool (like DP's) better than Googles toolbar for such things???

t2dman, Feb 8, 2005 IP
  16. davert

davert Banned

Best Answers:
    Yup, I'd say Bob's being darned rude.
    There are people who don't use IE.
    There are people who don't use Windows.
    There are people who don't want to load a toolbar for this one function.

davert, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  17. real

real Peon

Best Answers:
    http ://www. americasbest.com/apartments.htm has pr 70, but it is not your fault. Another site showed 70 as well. Maybe it is true :D

real, May 28, 2005 IP
  18. shahbaz419

shahbaz419 Peon

Best Answers:
  19. sriducati

sriducati Peon

Best Answers:
    yup it works for me

sriducati, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  20. Michelle28

Michelle28 Peon

Best Answers:
    I always use TruePageRank.com, its AJAX based so no waiting and it is 100% accurate

www.truepagerank.com

Michelle28, Jun 30, 2010 IP