1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Purging AdSense Accounts?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Surf_Dude, Mar 24, 2005.

1. bustour

bustour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad they're cracking down as well. I personally think they need to be a bit more stringent on the front end when they first accept sites.
    SEMrush

bustour, Mar 25, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    How can they do that when you apply with one website and add sites on your own from there :confused: :eek:

It has to be an ongoing review as it is now, they just have to do a better job is all.

anthonycea, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  3. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I hope they keep on cleaning until all of the MADE FOR ADSENSE sites are gone.

Internet polution!

debunked, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  4. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:

True, that's why they need AS police :p

Homer, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  5. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    No they don't :)
    People at google are smart enough to do this. It takes time to find the best way to do the task, and while i'm sure they appreciate bad sites being pointed out to them, they don't need a sepearate task force :)

wendydettmer, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  6. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:

I know Wendy...just trying to rattle AC's cage... http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=11934&page=8&pp=10

Seems to be a subject he's passionate about. I am too. I know we all agree on the principles. Reaction is where we differ...it's all good :)

Homer, Mar 25, 2005 IP
    wendydettmer likes this.
  7. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    *grin*

I'm trying not to be sensitive about the topic, some of the recent threads about it have annoyed me lol

All in all, it is good that so many spammers/rule breakers have been booted recently :)

wendydettmer, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  8. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Yup...I know we all agree to that point. I think , through all the fista cuffing, the message is the right message being communicated to readers of this forum.

Homer, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Homer has already invited the entire community to post ADSENSE cheaters live links on his forum and if they want to be the Google police he has offered his forum as the place to do just that. :eek: They can fight like cats and dogs on his forum 24/7 and members can insult each other also in addition to fighting with the Adsense TOS crooks :eek:

Thank you Homer :)

10. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:

Actually, if I recall the conversation, you offered me some of Dp's traffic. My concern was pissing off Shawn for highjacking traffic, but AC persisted.

I eventually caved in to the tremendious pressure put on me, but reused to post my URL (My sig)

AC, you make me laugh...I'll welcome you or anybody else to my forum. If I don't like your presence I might have to ban you, though. Then you could post a new thread here 'I got banned from XXX.com forum'. I would also appreciate that. As I said before...it's all good :p

Homer, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Your welcome to take those topics because it is no good for this forum to be in the middle of that situation Homer or bringing in pissed off webmasters to this forum that will go out on the forum circuit and bad mouth DP forums.

Digital Point is about helping webmasters do things right, not destroying their sites or business. :eek:

12. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    If you look most of the largest/ most popular threads here at DP I think the people you are trying to send to me are at the heart of these threads.

We keep 'running over the same old ground' (Pink Floyd) AC. I think this traffic serves a greater purpose here where it can be seen.

You must realize that Black Sabbath is dead now, Led Zepplin doesn't rule check out some of our Canadian music Cold Play...this may help change your tune :p

Homer, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    First I am not trying to send you anything Homer, you are the one that wants to promote this Google Police deal and I don't think it is a good idea.

All I am saying is if you want the concept we will send all the members that want to be Google Police to your place.

Think of it as a good deal for everyone :eek:

14. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    What?... and kind of appoint me as captian? Sounds good te me.

You continue to miss my point. This is not a personal attack on John, Jack, Sally or Jane.

It's about fraud, theft and cheating and that's what I oppose. When you walk into a store and remove an item without paying for it it's called theft and under the criminal code you are convicted if found guilty. If I saw you commit this act I would report you.

This is no different, to me.

The AdSense Police thing is one of the funniest topics here (in my view).

Homer, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Good, now we can refer all the members to your place that want to conduct a witch hunt on other webmasters :eek:

16. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Hang on a sec...I have just applied to Google for a Serrif's badge...awaiting response. :D

Homer, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    They are watching you now, no need to contact them :eek:

18. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Don't you mean they're watching US now...they're watching everyone, man. Didn't you know the online world revolves around Google.

Homer, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    That is what this thread is about, watching publishers, on the other hand they are also watching this forum because of some past threads. :eek:

20. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Absolutely...now your starting to catch on...who benefits the most from this?

Remove all opinions and feuding words stemming from opinions. The simple post of 'Adsense Cheater' and accompanying URL is a cold hard fact that Google will thank you for reporting.

The best way may not be through a forum but an email is in order if you so strongly disagree with it, and I do.

Personally I think you will see this type of abuse slowly deminish as you can see Google Is now being very proactive in dealing with this. If this forum helps them...bonus.

Homer, Mar 25, 2005 IP