1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Pr Differing On Category Pages

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by tercede, Feb 13, 2013.

Anyone know how some ecommerce stores have the same pr on main categories? The store in my signature has pr2 on the home page but mainly pr1 on the main categories just below the logo. Does this have to do with inner linked pages? I'm curious.

tercede, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  2. sushantydv

sushantydv Member

Best Answers:
    the pr is all about backlinks, and even the homepage passes the link juice to other pages which are having link on the homepage which provide some pr to the other pages.even my webstore http:adwords-coupon.net which is pr4 and having all other pages below pr4 like pr2 and pr3 just because of the link juice passed by homepage as i am only having backlinks to my homepage.
    please let me know if having any other question..hope that helps.

sushantydv, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  3. tercede

tercede Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you take a look at this site: walnuthollowcountry.com

They have pretty much 1 site linking to them and their PR for the main categories (including the home page) are all PR2 I don't quite get it.

tercede, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  4. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR is different for different pages due to backlink count & popularity of the pages.

rankwatch.com, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  5. Giamatti

Giamatti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He might have High PR links pointing to his category pages.

Giamatti, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  6. Abinajay

Abinajay Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Search engine calculates the website/ webpage based on different criteria. Say, if your website/a particular web page seem to have number of visits than the other and if its supposed to have quality back links, the weight age of that particular webpage remains to be high, besides the home page.

While there is a PR calculation done by the search engines, several such factors are taken into consideration to ensure the high ranking in search results.

Abinajay, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  7. sachinkalambe

sachinkalambe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    every page have diffrent PR so thats not issue if you want to increase your subpages PR you need backlinks for them too

sachinkalambe, Feb 15, 2013 IP