1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google PPC, SEO, & Clickbank Landing Pages

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by digitaldownload, Sep 21, 2010.

Hello,

I recently set up a very professional google PPC campaign/ads point to the landing page of the clickbank product: "The Science of Getting Rich." -> url -> http://www.thesgrprogram.com/products/cb/index-fb?hop=0

This is a very nice landing page compared to most other landing pages on clickbank. There are tesimonials from Tony Robbins and other famous individuals. In other words, THIS LANDING PAGE SEEMS ON THE VERY HIGH END OF REPUTABLE CLICKBANK PRODUCTS.

So anyhow, I set my GOOGLE PPC campaign up to point to the landing page url with my hoplink in it, and GOOGLE rejected my ad giving me a quality score of 1 out of 10! Now I have watched the clickbank "google slap" videos and they indicate how google doesn't like small landing pages with a lot of "unverifiable claims." Well guess what? ALL OF CLICKBANK IS LIKE THIS.

So, getting to my point, IT SEEMS THAT IF GOOGLE WONT ALLOW THIS LANDING PAGE TO BE ON A DIRECT PPC CAMPAIGN, NO CLICKBANK PRODUCTS CAN BE DIRECTLY LINKED TO A PPC CAMPAIGN.

And if this is the case it seems REASONABLE TO ALSO BELIEVE that GOOGLE ALSO WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO DIRECTLY SEO A CLICKBANK LANDING PAGE.

What does the proposed solution seem to be? To me it seems like you just have to build up other pages/a website around the landing page, have your PPC campaign or SEO point there, and then direct your users to the "actual" landing page. Unfortunately, there is a lot of evidence that conversion rates are a hell of a lot higher when sending your customers DIRECTLY TO A LANDING PAGE VIA ANY LINK, SEO, OR PPC.

What's up with google? What's the deal? ARE DIRECT INCLUSION OF CLICKBANK LANDING PAGES BANNED FROM GOOGLE SEO AND PPC?

digitaldownload, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  2. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Well yeah, a landing page is how most people do it. And I don't know what you mean by "a lot of evidence" because most people tend to agree that a well designed landing page that directs visitors to the CB sales page actually increases conversions.

You need to take a chill pill and learn a little more about how things work before you start blaming Google's regulations for your own problems.

dlm, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  3. digitaldownload

digitaldownload Peon

Best Answers:
    First off, you should take a chill pill. If you don't have anything useful to say, you shouldn't say anything at all, or be responding to messages on these boards. If you had read my message, you would have learned that I am referring to driving users directly to the clickbank sales page, something of which google did not allow me to do. I am trying to determine if there is a way to implement this functionality.

Why would someone want a landing page directing customers to another "landing page"? That doesn't make any sense. I am referring to specifically driving people TO THE SALES LANDING PAGE as opposed to, a landing page, followed by, a landing page, which is a useless step in a PPC campaign if I could just directly drive people to a clickbank landing page. What would be a lot smarter would be to either direct people to the clickbank sales page with your hoplink in it or to modify the seller's landing page and put a direct buy now link to the clickbank purchase page in your own landing page. As opposed to, A LANDING PAGE, TO A LANDING PAGE, TO A BUY NOW BUTTON, heh.

WHY ISN'T GOOGLE LETTING ME DRIVE PPC CAMPAIGNS DIRECTLY TO THE CLICKBANK LANDING PAGE? IS THERE ANYWAY AROUND THIS? IS IT POSSIBLE TO SOMEHOW DIRECTLY DRIVE PEOPLE TO THE CLICKBANK LANDING PAGE FROM A PPC CAMPAIGN?

4. paulmagno

paulmagno Peon

Best Answers:
    Your landing page is almost precisely what Google doesn't want...

Google wants to see some real content to your site and not just a sales page.

Click on a couple of ads that are on display in Google Search and see what they're doing differently. If they are doing the same as you, they will eventually get shut down as well..it's just that you got shut down before starting.

Believe me, the Google folks are tyrants when it comes to this stuff and you WILL get banned if you keep violating their terms. I got banned for violations dating back to when I first started PPC and had no idea what to do with a landing page. I eventually learned and got on track, but my past violations caught up to me and I've lost all the money coming from PPC...

Make a regular wordpress blog, not a one page landing page...Make some informative content, lay off the hard selling, maybe put some links to articles in the side bars...make it look legit and not like a sales page.

Don't worry about customers getting turned off by making them click one more time in order to get to the sales page. PPC traffic is mostly very targeted and they clicked on your ad because they have interest in what you're offering...One more click won't make them completely lose interest.

Google DOESN'T like affiliates...it's a fact that we have to live with. Their stance on the issue seems silly. Of course, Google Adwords ads are sales pages...most everybody knows that. But this is Google's world and we have to play by their rules...

paulmagno, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  5. digitaldownload

digitaldownload Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, basically everything you just said was what I thought was going on. However, regarding these issues, there are a few important points I would like to make. First of all, I am sure you are aware of "conversion leak" via page links or navigation links. I was planning on removing the navigation from the top of the page to eliminate this so called conversion leak, but it seems to me now that google might have a problem with this and it might be much better to just include a product page on your website, with the navigation at the top of the web site, what do you think about this? Still include the navigation based on google's stance towards these types of products?

The second issue that I have is SEO. It seems to me that SEO is probably the same as PPC as far as what sort of landing pages you can have. If google gives a 1 out of 10 quality score to a clickbank sales page via PPC, I would imagine they would penalize a landing page linked directly from natural search the same way, or at least similarly.

6. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL.

What a clown. Stop using all caps.

dlm, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  7. rjd1265

rjd1265 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think he is frustrated! Spend time with SEO. in the time you spent hear bitching you could of had 10 backlinks to your site dude! Fuck PPC

rjd1265, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  8. LoftHeR

LoftHeR Peon

Best Answers:
    Google banned my adwords account just because I was promoting a Money-Making product.
    They sent me a mail saying that they won't allow any of those "get rich quickly" products anymore.
    Maybe this is the case...

LoftHeR, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  9. emmataylors

emmataylors Peon

Best Answers:
    well if you ever find a way of linking directly to salesletters or opt-in pages via PPC without suffering for it please do discuss it more.

emmataylors, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  10. rickmci

rickmci Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea. Well I am sure if you read Google's TOS there is something thay can use as a reason. Google does not like clickbank at all. The only way to sell Clickbank with goodgle is to create your own landing page and link to clickbank from there, and even then you will most likely get shut down. I have tried myself and even being gold PPC partner, or whatever they call it, I have never got a reasonable explanation as to there reason. Callin them would be your best bet. Be shure you have some time though.

rickmci, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  11. rickmci

rickmci Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea. I agree and I tryed PPC for a very long time. SEO is pure profit except for a little of your time...

rickmci, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  12. mccalister

mccalister Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree...

mccalister, Sep 23, 2010 IP