1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google PPC or Facebook PPC - WHich one is better?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by dasilvad14, Oct 19, 2010.

I have heard that facebook PPC is becoming the new hot method to marketing. Facebook is starting to ruin Google and I am sure Google is starting to see its downfall because of Facebbok... whats ur take?
    Google or Facebook?

dasilvad14, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  2. Balau

Balau Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Facebook Ads are growing rapidly in popularity and they are very beneficial to small and medium-sized companies. Facebook has announced this year that has exceeded 400 million active members and is the only company to recognize that Google is a real competitor for them.
    Advertising on Facebook is not explored enough, compared with PPC campaigns advertising on Google. Facebook is another type of benefit for this kind of advertising - where people are interested in your business can easily transmit the "word of mouth" so to other people on Facebook.
    Another fantastic advertising advantage is that you can target up a list of potential customers in a way that was not available before: Display ads on the page is made up of users falling into the selected target,from a range of options, such as age, sex, marital status, geographic area, hobbies and interests. When ads are as targeted in this regard have a much better chance of generating clicks, sales-oriented pages.
    I assume that Google ppc it will last some time , but the future belongs to FaceBook .

Balau, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  3. cpaninjaguru

cpaninjaguru Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with Chiriac, Facebook is definitely the way of the future. They have more eyeballs daily than google I am sure. Remember the days when people said Myspace was a bigger search engine than google? Well its not them anymore, its facebook. Still google is a goiod way to advertise so dont discount them just yet. U never know which company they going to take over which will get them back in front of your eyes. The did exactly that with youtube!

cpaninjaguru, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  4. zhoom

zhoom Peon

Best Answers:
    Both are great! They both offer different ways to target demographics.

I disagree that Facebook ads will take over Google. Although Facebook is great for some businesses, it will never replace actual search engines for general joe public looking for something specific on the net....Think about it...If you want to find out about brass door handles in California, do you search google or facebook?

Google also offers better metrics when linked to Analytics.

zhoom, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  5. elite4

elite4 Peon

Best Answers:
    adwords Are Better Then Facbook

elite4, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  6. joshuaty2010

joshuaty2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    Based on my knowledge. If you are looking for much wider audience that will led into conversion then adwords is the best, but facebook is also good to consider in some businesses like entrainment or gadgets as many of them are interested.

joshuaty2010, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  7. dwhelp

dwhelp Guest

Best Answers:
    Well facebook has a lot to achieve. Google actually rules

dwhelp, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  8. fong47

fong47 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is very hard to say. Yes faceboook is growing very fast but still not very targeted. Google is very targeted and they also have the organic search. Let me ask you a question. If you were looking for deals on car, would you go to FB or google?

fong47, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  9. RAVI63

RAVI63 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah,everyone like facebook
    because fb rokx..

RAVI63, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  10. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    From a friend of mine I heard that some aspects of Facebook's PPC are better - some are not. She switched to advertising dating sites on Facebook and the results were astounding! However, when she tried to advertise jobs, it wasn't all that great. I guess more people on FB are looking for entertainment than serious stuff.

vitalbusiness, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  11. WhistlerH

WhistlerH Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook ads are interruption marketing to a target target demographic which has a possible interest in your product or service based on information within their profile. It has been my experience that facebook's ad platform works best by promoting a fan page that leads to a sales funnel. Certain offers work well with direct linking strategies however building a list via facebook then throwing affiliate links at the list has proved more profitable.

WhistlerH, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  12. longhorn1999

longhorn1999 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with this point completely...certain business models work better on Facebook. I have a friend with a daily deal site and Facebook gives much more ROI than Google.

longhorn1999, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  13. orientalrugcareny

orientalrugcareny Peon

Best Answers:
    google is a search engine which has lots relevant user, face book is a social site we know that there is lots of person connect with each other. face did not provide the relevant outcomes. google ppc best to getting maximum ROI(return on investment ).

orientalrugcareny, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  14. shrkscn

shrkscn Peon

Best Answers:
    As much I hate google, I can say its the best when it comes to traffic... With facebook you can get really good impressions but the CTR sucks... I have had campaigns which exceptionally high CTR but no conversions... Guess the FB users just clicked my ads for fun.. :(

shrkscn, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  15. jaysonbenn

jaysonbenn Peon

Best Answers:
    i preferred adwords..i make money with adwords..facebook is intended only for socializing..adwords is pure business..plus you can get quality visitors..once someone click your ads, means he is looking for it..while facebook, they just click your ads without any reason,..'hope would help...

jaysonbenn, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  16. jaysonbenn

jaysonbenn Peon

Best Answers:
    it also depends on what product you are selling or promoting..

jaysonbenn, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  17. alasdicosta

alasdicosta Peon

Best Answers:
    Google adword Is better Then Facebook... On face-book You May get Traffic Quickly.. but Its not Useful as Google. Google Network is Much better for Business Point of view

alasdicosta, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  18. Domenic Carlson

Domenic Carlson Peon

Best Answers:
    I think its totally dependent on your product and target market (kind of like most advertising choices.) If your target market knows it has a problem but doesn't know you have the solution, Google is the way to go. They'll search their problem and you target them with an ad advertising the solution. If, on the other hand, your target market doesn't know it has a problem, Facebook may be better. Example: if you're a little-known brand selling mortgages, you could use Facebook to target newlyweds before they consider buying a home.

Domenic Carlson, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  19. Bitcable-Preetam

Bitcable-Preetam Peon

Best Answers:
    I was thinking about AdWords, but now Facebook is also being considered.
    How is the cost between AdWords and Facebook?

Bitcable-Preetam, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  20. karumi

karumi Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Facebook will be the biggest competitor with Google in the future, but not now when user are too comfortable with Google :)

karumi, Oct 22, 2010 IP