1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Play Developer Account Suspended

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by canaryspace, Jan 18, 2015.

?

Do you find Google a hard company to contact when in need of help or support?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Never Tried

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. canaryspace

canaryspace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a lot but it really isnt. Share the petition with all your friends on social networks. Send it in emails. Do anything you can do get more people to vote. I am working almost 24/7 to get people to vote. It will take time, but we will get there and when we only need 1000 votes, Google will probably take notice and understand that they need to change their unfair system. There is some news that I would love to happen, you can read about it on my own website here https://1freechat.com/profiles/showpost/name/appdevelopment/post/556 I am posting links to content, rather than copy the content from one site to another to avoid penalization of copied content. My site gets indexed very slowly, so if I was to copy my own content from my site to DP, DP would certainly get indexed first, this would make it look like my original content is copied from DP. I have given DP a lot of original content lately and got it ranking at the top in Google, now I need to concentrate on my own business, I am flat broke so I hope DP understand that my own content needs to help me on a business side as-well as the developers side.

canaryspace, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  2. v00d00

v00d00 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if they reopen ur google ads account i will dance naked in the snow buddy
    my site hasn't any traffic at this time an they ban me......thats google and their damn bots

v00d00, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  3. v00d00

v00d00 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    but i remember....... one question did ur google play dev allow ads? there are 2 different google play dev accounts one allow ads and the other one no

v00d00, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  4. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    canaryspace, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  5. mybilal

mybilal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    same here i lost 75% (2000$) of my earning per month they remove my 32 app with more than 500,000 install what to do this is life you can't push mountain:eek: i was supporting my family with the money i earn hmmmmmmm any way Alhamdulila any thing happen for a reason

mybilal, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  6. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    When installing an app outside of Google Play, every Android phone gives a warning that the app might be unsafe because it is from a third part store and not from Google Play. I hope Google can explain why this happened http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/03/new-adware-found-in-google-play-apps-with-millions-of-downloads/ "New Adware Found In Google Play Apps With Millions Of Downloads"? This would not happen if Google inspected apps before going live and developer accounts would not be terminated unfairly. Google do not protect its end users and do not protect its developers with the current system. This would simply not happen on iOS. This is proof that Google´s system does NOT work and it needs a change. At the moment, it seems that the third party app installation warning is there to protect Google´s market share in Android apps and is no help to the end users or the developers.

Also, during my argument with Google, they added this to the bottom of one of my emails "Did you know we offer chat support in English? Chat with us from Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm PT by going to https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/?hl=en#contact=1" Now that chat has only worked once, straight after I got the email and not before or any time after. Google you are either lying or your system just does not work on all levels.

canaryspace, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  7. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    New Adware Found In Google Play Apps With Millions Of Downloads

http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/03/new-adware-found-in-google-play-apps-with-millions-of-downloads/

Now this should be some proof that Google´s unfair system is there purely to protect Google´s market share in Android apps!

I am currently fighting Google because my developer account was unfairly terminated and since this termination I have been trying to market my Android apps elsewhere, however, I have found it almost impossible because of the warning all Android phones give when installing an app that is not from Google Play.

The warning is there to, apparently, protect Android users, however, I think it is there to protect Google Plays market share in Android apps. Unlike iOS, Google, no matter what they will tell you, do not check apps manually before they go live. The proof is all over the news today! If an app is not checked, it can contain malware and adware and could potentially be installed on millions of devices before the malware or adware is discovered. The discovery is normally from the end user, so does it seem fair that third party Android marketplaces should find it almost impossible to distribute apps because of the third party warning and the need to change phone settings just to install an app outside of Google Play?

Some of the third party marketplaces will check apps manually and so they should. Look at iOS, it can take a full week or 2 before a submitted app goes live, this is because the app is checked by a human and put through many different tests, if it is not safe or not good enough, it will not go live and will not be downloaded by millions of people. At the same time, iOS developer accounts are never terminated unfairly. The iOS system protects its end users and the developers, the Google system only protects Google´s profits and destroys a free market for Android app distribution.

I urge you to please sign this petition, it is a new petition to ask Google to change the way they work, to make it fair for both developers and the entire Android app distribution market. Right now, Google are getting away with totally unfair tactics to protect only their market share and their profits. Disgusting really, but then again, this is not the only thing that is disgusting about Google, they have many hidden secrets that will be made public eventually as they will fall from grace. :)

Petition: https://www.change.org/p/google-inc...-developers-third-party-markets-and-end-users

canaryspace, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  8. Sebastian Mauer

Sebastian Mauer Peon

Best Answers:
    It amazes me people develop for Android. I've developed for iOS and Android and I make 10 times as much money on iOS. Most Android users are in the developing world so don't usually pay for apps and also aren't much of a target for advertisers. I think people look at the Android 85% market share and assume that is why the should go with Android but whats the point if the users don't have any money. Also iOS doesn't have the randomness of Google where Apple will vet your app before it gets onto its appstore rather than some random point in time in the future.

Sebastian Mauer, Feb 7, 2015 IP
    canaryspace likes this.
  9. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    My problem is being with Google for far too long, you get trapped. I am a web developer by trade, only went into apps because most of my competition have apps on Google Play and Google seem to be using their success towards rankings in the mobile search, takes the piss really. Google are using Google Play, not only to monopolize the Android market but also the search engine rankings. I once made 6k a month on Adsense but Google screwed me, deranked my site because of spam, not my spam, I had a successful site, Google hangouts is very similar to what I was making my money on at the time, coincidence ;) Anyway, starting to improve without Google, I got Lifestreet, LeadBolt and Windows easy to build webview apps. My car crash should pay out soon so I will be able to invest in a Mac and iPhone6 and have some time to learn iOS. Feel sorry for the thousands of people who Google screw though that can not fight back or have zero money coming in. Google can go to hell and I am actually enjoying Yahoo search on Firefox ;)

canaryspace, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  10. pilot35

pilot35 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That sucks. I heard many people have stories that they made millions in a matter of a few weeks just by developing a viral app.

pilot35, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  11. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    I was happy just with what I was earning but could see how this would eventually happen. Many developers have their dreams broken by Google every day and have no way of arguing their case. Google is a blood sucking, money grabbing, greedy, dirty monopoly that is getting away with what many others simply do not get away with because they are too big and dangerous.

canaryspace, Feb 10, 2015 IP
  12. opick125

opick125 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hi..
    yes, sometime google is make us stress.

opick125, Jun 15, 2015 IP
  13. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google strangely makes itself distant when being requested support.

I voted as well. The topic needs a bit of sharing. It's the only way to get almost 3000 users capabale engough to know what it's about to sign.

SocialSignals, Jun 16, 2015 IP
  14. Best Apps

Best Apps Peon

Best Answers:
    I bought all the rights to 16 ringtone apps from a developer that had here account suspended on Google Play, she did get 3 or more copyright violations on sounds for ringtones.

Apps where done in a professional way, but original developer did not spend the time to review all sounds in apps to detect any sounds that could be copyright protected.

I saw an opportunity to buy the rights to these apps, review and update them to make sure that the apps did not contain any copyright material. So I did this, and started to upload apps to Google Play.

After publishing the some apps, I got a mail regarding 2 of the apps:

“This is a notification that your application, ----- , with package ID ------ , has been suspended from the Google Play Store.

REASON FOR SUSPENSION:Violation of the intellectual property and impersonation or deceptive behavior provisions of the Content Policy. Please refer to the IP infringement and impersonation policy help article for more information.

Protected work could typically include product names, brands, images, logos, music, and similar works.

If you are authorized to utilize this content, please contact us via the Google Play Help Center and attach verifiable and accepted proof of permission.

This particular app has been disabled as a policy strike. If your developer account is still in good standing, you may revise and upload a policy compliant version of this application as a new package name.

This notification also serves as notice for other apps in your catalog. You can avoid further app suspensions by immediately ensuring that no other apps in your catalog are in violation of (but not limited to) the above policy. Please also ensure your apps’ compliance with the Developer Distribution Agreement and Content Policy.

All violations are tracked. Additional suspensions of any nature may result in the termination of your developer account, and investigation and possible termination of related Google accounts. If your account is terminated, payments will cease and Google may recover the proceeds of any past sales and/or the cost of any associated fees (such as chargebacks and transaction fees) from you.

If you feel we have made this determination in error, you can visit this Google Play Help Center article.

The Google Play Team”

At first I did know what they refereed to, but that was clarified in another mail after I appealed the violation:

“Thank you for reaching out to the Google Play Team.

After further review, we’re unable to reinstate your app as it looks to be the same as an app that belongs to a different developer.

We were not able to validate your account's relationship to the original content or brand owner. In order for us to process your appeal, please reply with verifiable documentation that your application is authorized. Please be advised we will not be able to respond or reinstate your application without the above documentation.

We appreciate your assistance and look forward to your reply.

Thanks for supporting Google Play!

Regards,

Daniel

The Google Play Team”

I had no problems providing the documentation that they requested in the mail, I did respond with the agreement that stats that I indeed did buy all the rights to the apps from original developer. This should have been over there and then, so I proceeded to upload apps. Now I got another violation with same motivation and my account was also suspended.

I asked Daniel from the mail here above to confirm that he did get my documents that show that I have all the rights to these apps, this is his response:

I received your appeal and I appreciate your patience while I look into it. I'll let you know as soon as I have any additional information to share.

Please note that I will be addressing your three IP appeals (3-4504000008683, 3-0399000008754, and this one) and one account appeal (6-7326000008614) so there will be no need to submit additional appeals.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Regards,

Daniel”

One day passed and I did not hear anything from Daniel, but on the second day I got this mail from someone who did not sign his/her mail on the Google Play Team:

We appreciate the opportunity to review your appeal regarding the suspension of ------.

After an investigation, we've confirmed our initial decision and will not be reinstating your application at this time. We understand that you were given permission to publish an app that is identical to another existing app; however, please note that repetitive content is prohibited on Google Play.

Your app is in violation of the spam provision of the Content Policy.

• Do not post repetitive content.
    Thank you for your understanding.”

In this mail this anonymous person on the Google Play Team confirms that I in dead have all rights to these apps, but now changes motivation for violation. Note that I did only post this content once, and content has been reviewed and updated.

I got one of these mails for all three apps that did get a violation, and then came the decision about the account:

After further discussion and review, we’ve confirmed our initial decision and will not be reinstating your developer account.

Your Google Play Developer account has been terminated due to multiple policy violations (IP infringement):

- com.-----

- com.-----

- com.-----

Note that Google Play Developer Console terminations are associated with developers, and may span multiple account registrations and related Google services. Do not attempt to register a new developer account. Any new accounts will be closed and your developer registration fee will not be refunded.

We recommend that you use an alternative method for distributing your apps in the future.”

Note the motivation in this mail; this person could not even get that right!

Best Apps, Sep 18, 2015 IP
  15. FotoZone

FotoZone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    FotoZone, Sep 24, 2015 IP
  16. RAF Systems

RAF Systems Active Member

Best Answers:
    has there been any good news with this.

i heard one guy got is account back after two years, when he appealed again.

Mine is still not reinstated yet http://rafhelp.wix.com/helpraf

My app was never published to the Play store. Read Google policies and they EXPLICITLY refer to PUBLISHED apps, so how can they use any of those policies to suspend an unpublished app?

Is Google using Minority Report technology or something? How can i be breaching copyright if I have not published? Its like saying Google barred you as you have Candy crush sprites on your desktop. But its not illegal to have candy crush sprites on your desktop its only "illegal" if you use those sprites and release to public in new product, without permission.

I had even been trying to email some third party to get copyright clearances.

It is not a valid reason but one reson must have been as i used "Tetris" in the title of my app, now i think that sas stupid but the name was like this this:
    "Mygame - Like Tetris"

I.e. im not saying my game IS Tetris but im saying it is like Tetris, as someone i showed the game to said this. But like i said the game was not published so no one saw that except maybe Google Bot which just saw the word "Tetris" and decided, with its algorithm that it was breaching copyright. But we all know computers DO make mistakes. If this was a decent human being, they could say hey small developer, can you please remove "Tetris" from your game title and description etc... Why suspend apps and accounts for something like this. If Tetris company saw released app and thought hey WE dont like that, they could contact me and ask me to remove it, in fact thats what they would do, or they would take you to court. But instead Google playing god and making this decision.
    I read trademark laws and YES trademarks CAN be used in DESCRIPTIVE form! So the decison by Google is wrong. But they way Google responds to accusations of being wrong or doing wrong is to say "Well if you aint cheating you aint trying", "its just business", "we all do it"..... Like how Eric Smidth said on TV news channel when confronted about Googles Tax Evasion scheme.... He joked about it and has attitude like "its just us trying to make more money" so that means it ok for Google to breach/break international laws and policies but small developers are not even given a second chance?

Hypocrisy. But its us that give Google the power, they are in fact nothing without the users and small developers, You remove ALL small developers and you are left with a small handfull of BIG developers lilke King, Roveo, EA, Code Masters... etc... the users would soon become bored of Play.

So if ALL the small developers did STRIKE and boycoot Google until they changed their attitude towards us, they would be forced to listen. but as they see that no one cares, just several angry developers flaming on forums, that means nothing to them, in fact they might even see it as us promoting them.

But we know how small developers work. They doing wel so they dont care about other developers right? Another developer gets suspended that just one less competitor for you, so why stand up others?

But you have to look at it like this. We are the workers and Google is the Employer...They pay us, we signed up to them.... In the real world say for example in the transport industry. If the employer (no matter how big) sis something bad or treated even just ONE employee wrongly, the trade union would stand up for even and even arrange mass strike and the entire transport industry would come to a halt, forcing employers to reconsider, pay compensation or change!

But with developers we dont have a trade union, there is noone up there who will voice our concerns and stand up to Google and challenge them. Developers just carry on making their app not caring about others. but remember this when the same thing happens to you (yes you probably think "i follow all the policies, im always safe from suspension) and it can easily, then what will you do, no one will help you either! So now is the time to help because like i said youre also Google Employee, esp if you rely on them for your livelihood.

I tried many different authorities, trading standards, Watchdog, ombudmans etc... no one replies.

Maybe someone should create a Trades Union for independent developers who will protect their rights and voice their concerns. Maybe contact a representative of your goverment about this. that is the level at which Google will take seriously. I would sign up in a second.

RAF Systems, Oct 5, 2015 IP
  17. sonibvc

sonibvc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google has become more strict than ever while at the same time making it less and less clear what you can do and what you can not do. To make matters worse, Google offers little to no support. Avoid the following:

1. Do not include user's reviews in your App description
    2. Do not include the name of other apps in your description
    3. Do not ask users to revise theur ratings
    4. Do not post your app's link in other app reviews.
    5. Do not offer an incentive to users for ratings and reviews.
    6. Do not trigger an SMS/email from inside your App
    7. Do not place ads in notifications
    8. Do not palce bookmarks in the browser or add another app's icon.
    9. Ad walls must have a clearly marked close button
    10. Do not use system based icons.

If all fails and your account is banned and terminated then you have no other choice but visit the link below.
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/Google-Play-Developer-Accounts-Sale-1971513433130773/posts/

sonibvc, Jun 5, 2017 IP
  18. boyslav

boyslav Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    canaryspace - thanks for posting your journey. Could you give us an update on how that BBB filing concluded. I just filed a BBB complain myself but noticed that Google Inc. is not a participant of BBB. So its waiting for 30 days to see what they reply with. My issue was the same got a suspension of account for webview policy when I responded with, I own the intellectual property "of my website" got the cookie cutter response exactly like yours.

boyslav, Sep 26, 2018 IP