1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Places vs good seo, who wins?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by richard3i, Feb 1, 2012.

If I have a site that has good seo, is there high changes it will show up on top of google places? It seems a bit unfair that a site that has a "google place" will automatically appear higher than a site with good seo. Or does this not typically happen?

richard3i, Feb 1, 2012 IP
  2. Meedan

Meedan Member

Best Answers:
    A question I was wondering too.

I think Google Place wins unless the until the Good Seo site does not have a high PR i.e above 6.

Meedan, Feb 1, 2012 IP
  3. revium

revium Member

Best Answers:
    There has to be a Google Places account/page for it to show up in the Google local rankings. You will notice that the local search rankings are separate from the regular/organic listings, so if you have good SEO you can show up at the top of the organic listings, but without a Google places page you will not show up at the top of the local listings.

revium, Feb 1, 2012 IP
  4. contentfreak

contentfreak Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    good question.

good seo helps a lot with google places, however like revium mentioned you have to have a google places account to gain from the good seo for your local google rankings. also make sure to fully fill the profile and get some reviews and you should be good to go with ranking high in google local results too.

contentfreak, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  5. raxr

raxr Peon

Best Answers:
    Google places results only show up for certain keywords, not all of them.

raxr, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  6. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to site your Google Places business page in order for your site to show up and be indexed.

stellaandreapark, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  7. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It totally depends on the keyword and competition AND which of the 2 local algos Google gives you for that search term. With one algo you can rank in Places AND in organic. I even have clients ranking #1 for both. So 2 #1 rankings on the same page. With the other algo, what we call the blended algo, your site and Place page are merged together into a single listing. With that algo though sometimes there are 2 or 3 pure organic listings ABOVE the Places listings. But if you rank 3 or 4 in organic and don't have a Place page you'll def show up down the page below the blended results.

5starAffiliates, Apr 10, 2012 IP