1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Places and Local Listing Sites?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Klaas Koopman, Apr 25, 2012.

Hi Digitalpointers!

I have a question. Currently I am in contact with a person selling a nice local listing network. But now I wonder, is it possible to outrank google places? And would people actually be interested in buying a spot on your site?

And ofcourse there are other sites like YELP that are in thesame business, which aren't easy to crack either.

Would you guys reckon to go on with the deal or just step out of it, as it's almost impossible to make it a positive business opportunity?

Thanks in advance!

Klaas Koopman, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  2. indiannews007

indiannews007 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I think you should go with deal.

indiannews007, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  3. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes your site is good nice base good location

Irfi0009, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  4. MoneyPuppet

MoneyPuppet Member

Best Answers:
    I know this thread is over a week old, but I'll answer your question. It is possible to outrank Google Places. I see it all the time. Yeah, people will pay for that advertising space, depending on the niche (it has to be a niche where the business owners actually have money for advertising). If you had a chinese restaurant and someone tried to sell you ad space (or an entire website) that ranked that high on Google, would you take the deal? Yeah, if you understood what a great deal it was!

Problem is, it takes a lot to outrank Google Places, and there's not guarantee that Google won't make it impossible to rank GP at some point, so maybe you shouldn't take the deal.

MoneyPuppet, May 2, 2012 IP