1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Personalized Search

Discussion in 'Google' started by compar, Mar 31, 2004.

compar, Mar 31, 2004 IP
  2. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    I did, but I got bored rather quickly. Thanks to my MTV attention span. :eek:

I picked out the catagories I am interested in, did a search and played with the sliding bar for a while seeing how it filtered out results based on what my interests were. Very neat! :cool:

Unfortunately it seems like I do a lot of searching for very random things, sometimes I find the info in places where my interests aren't part of it. But I guess that's why the "Personalize" slide bar is set at zero when you do a search. I'd use this if I could search with it from my Google Toolbar by default and play with the sliding bar every once and a while to narrow down my search, but that would be my extent of actual use. At least for now.

Maybe if you could have different profiles, like one for business related searches, one for personal interest searches, and one for computer/technology only related searches, I'd like that option.

Any one else try it out?

Such Great Heights, Mar 31, 2004 IP
  3. Owlcroft

Owlcroft Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I thought I'd take a look. I started to set up a preferences portfolio; the first thing I looked for was some form of "books", "literature", or "reading". There was no such thing under any heading. I gave up right there.

Owlcroft, Mar 31, 2004 IP
  4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Remember it is in the very early stage of beta testing. I'm sure if it goes live it will include a lot more categories and options.

compar, Apr 1, 2004 IP