1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Penatly "Outbound link penatly"

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Tooonyg, Jan 17, 2017.

Hey everyone, I believe it was the 2nd week in December I got a outbound link penalty for linking to other websites. My website is in the Audio/Video niches and I don't sell links just linked to well known sites wikipedia, dictionary and other popular sites known in my niche. Not really sure why I got this penalty. However, it's a sitewide penalty and really havent lost any traffic or rank besides on a like 5-10 keywords out of 5,000-8,000 keywords.

My main question is this penatly says its my links no longer pass juice pretty much. I went through moved some links and turned the rest into "no follow" links" does this count towards internal linking to? It says outbound like but not really sure if outbound links and internal links to other pages on my websites are the same thing. If someone has some more information about this kind of penatly please share. Haven't found to much information on this subject online.

Tooonyg, Jan 17, 2017 IP
  2. Tony70

Tony70 Peon

Best Answers:
    As you said there, you got hit for outbound links, the internal links doesn't matter.

Tony70, Jan 19, 2017 IP
  3. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google monitors your outbound links as well as incoming links. If your outbound link profile is not natural outbound link penalty may occur. Sometime you may have a blog where other people place spam comments and their links. You need to check your site and identify potential pages and make outbound links no-follow.

Remember :

-Don’t link to unrelated sites

-Don’t get any compensation by linking out

-Don’t allow spammy comments with links

-Don’t link to low quality sites

LinkGenie, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  4. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    related is top important.

enous, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  5. KarenByerly

KarenByerly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    May be you have too many outbound links. May be you have crossed the limits.

KarenByerly, Jan 24, 2017 IP
  6. Nick Chernets

Nick Chernets Member

Best Answers:
    it's usual practice in Google

Nick Chernets, Apr 6, 2017 IP