1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Penalty?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Martin Gerhard, Apr 1, 2021.

Hi all,

I've been sending out free product samples for bloggers to review my products, to try to get our business name out there.
    • I thought asking bloggers for a review would be fine, as long as I'm not asking for a link. I see google's exact words on link schemes include "Sending someone a free product in exchange for them writing it and including a link"
    • I've also seen a Google article which seems to put the onus on bloggers to ensure the links are a no-follow and articles are marked as gifted
    Do you think I am likely to be penalised for sending products out for review? The bloggers are linking back to me, but I'm not specifically asking for links, just a review.

I'm totally confused and worried that all the work i've done will actually negatively affect my website

Any help greatly appreciated!

SEMrush

Martin Gerhard, Apr 1, 2021 IP
    SEMrush
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I have a hunch that it's not going to negatively impact your blog.

If you bought a gig from fiverr where your products / links / excerpts were placed on blogs (hundreds of them), then yes, be afraid, be very afraid. But if you did it yourself, randomly without any serious spamming, you should be fine.

qwikad.com, Apr 1, 2021 IP
  3. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course not. Google won't penalize you for this. It is like Beta Testing (when you give your product to the end-users for testing and ask them for sharing their reviews).
    And, no one will link back to your website or product page if you are spamming or having a spammy website.

Sumit_Singh, Apr 1, 2021 IP
  4. uday_yadav2

uday_yadav2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think google is going to penalise you because this is OK. (Nothings coming free of cost in this world - This is the fact) and any other way, you are giving something for their work or time that they are spending for you.

uday_yadav2, Apr 4, 2021 IP
  5. Sphor

Sphor Active Member

Best Answers:
    What you are doing is 100% ok and you will not be penalised. I would not worry about it at all.

You are giving out product samples for free to be reviewed, and some of your reviewers have decided to link to you. You are not requesting or demanding a link back.

Sphor, Jul 12, 2021 IP
  6. spencer audrey

spencer audrey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I AGREE WITH U

spencer audrey, Sep 4, 2021 IP
  7. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There are many websites that automate this process: sending a free product, or money, in exchange of links. Some of the blogs where the links/reviews are posted are created specially for posting links. It is easy for google to figure out if those website are built only for links in exchange of freebies, but if you do it naturally, and the links are posted on real blogs, with real content, you should not worry.

thedark, Oct 13, 2021 at 3:28 AM IP
  8. makoye

makoye Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are absolutely correct! As most of the time, those gigs provides BOTs

makoye, Oct 14, 2021 at 12:33 AM IP