1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Pays You to Report TOS Breakers!!!!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Skinny, May 29, 2006.

1. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Well Skinny,

G has tons of money, and a vested interest(to prevent further lawsuits) to get AS cheaters. I think rewards for turning people in, could get costly (verses an automatic system, maybe the vote thing on the toolbar working, etc), and opens G for another means to abuse it.

later,

tom

TommyD, May 29, 2006 IP
  2. tonyinabox

tonyinabox Peon

Best Answers:
    so I would just stop make money from adsense and change job to catch all TOS breakers. That would be easier to make money. ;)

tonyinabox, May 29, 2006 IP
    TommyD likes this.
  3. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:

I hope you write an e-book, I'd buy it.

:D

TommyD, May 29, 2006 IP
  4. tonyinabox

tonyinabox Peon

Best Answers:
    of course I started write already after post. The book name "Google Catch"

tonyinabox, May 29, 2006 IP
  5. Lisper

Lisper Guest

Best Answers:
    The truth is that Google doesn't care for many things we see as violations of the terms and conditions. Such as scraper sites without real content - I reported a number of them and only one didn't show Adsense later. The site which appeared to have been banned previously only showed ads, no other text or images at all, just a title tag for the search engines.

I think sites that have practices Google doesn't want are generally caught quickly and that Google or at least the Adsense department actually likes most of the Adsense spam. They do have their "Adsense for domains" program which sure is spammy.

Lisper, May 29, 2006 IP
  6. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    I remember reporting 3 sites to Google who were breaking the same TOS(Adult Content). Google banned only one site from the 3...when I asked them why were the other 2 sites not banned when they had exactly the similar content...they said they cannot disclose as to why the other 2 sites were not banned due to some relationship of the sites with Google...Have learnt a thing from that day.... Less famous and low traffic sites get banned easily and famous sites with huge traffic dont get banned...thats business!!!!

Indian, May 29, 2006 IP
  7. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    Lolol! Good one!! :D

NewToAllThis, May 29, 2006 IP
  8. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting paid to protect my adwords budget? Yeah sign me up!

cormac, May 29, 2006 IP
  9. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    You already make money from reporting TOS violators.

The more that are removed means the more revenue for the rest of us and the more confidence the publishers have in the system which is more money for everyone.

It only makes sense, to report a violator if you come across one. It is your business at stake.

aeiouy, May 30, 2006 IP
    cormac likes this.
  10. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This makes sense to me, because I cannot understand all the bunch of people with nothing better to do than report sites violating Google TOS, reporting illegal IPB or vBulletin boards and so, without earning at least a "thank you"

Mystique, May 30, 2006 IP
  11. Skinny

Skinny Peon

Best Answers:
    @ aeiouy

As I stated earlier, I agree that there are definitely benefits from reporting people now for the reasons stated.

I'm seeing people would do it more if they actually felt something in their pocket, instead of just thinking of the results.

Skinny

Skinny, May 30, 2006 IP
  12. austzorro

austzorro Peon

Best Answers:
    Chances are it wont work.

1. Where does the money come from to pay those who report sites? When a site has been reported that money is redirected to the advertisers. Leaving google $0.00, which means no money made as profit to distribute to anyone. So really reporting sites means money comes from googles own pocket. Rather if google found out the sites at a later stage, google doesnt need to pay anyone :p

2. Google is a dodgy company, as someone mentioned, what if 100 people submit the same site, what would happen? Well really the first person should get rewarded, however, what stops google from sending all 100 people an email saying "Thank you for your information, we received the same complaints regarding the same site earlier, i am afraid the benefit must go to the original submitter"... then again the person who really did submit this request could receive the same email... in the end google wins no money for anyone :p a scam to ensure google is on top...

austzorro, May 31, 2006 IP
  13. teckie

teckie Peon

Best Answers:
    that's a cool idea would be even better if we get 50% of whatever that's accumulated in the adsense violator's account.

teckie, May 31, 2006 IP