1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Panda Update Affected Site Rankings

Discussion in 'Google' started by Card, Oct 16, 2011.

1. rankdominator

rankdominator Peon

Best Answers:
    There was a recent study about Panda 2.5 - suggesting that using Audio and Video in the posts was helpful to maintain and even increase rankings.

Try that - add a video or some audio to each of your posts and see if it helps!

rankdominator, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  2. NoMedia

NoMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Possibly but not at the risk of losing out on unique text content. As I said on page 1 of this thread, many big websites tried all these tactics to recover when hit by Panda 1 in late Feb 2011. Rather keep focusing on unique text content and add in pictures, video, audio and so on.

NoMedia, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  3. selen

selen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here the same, I received a +60 penalty so I'm on page 6 for all keywords and that for 4 of my domains. Just waiting and drinking tea because one of my other site was just the other way and it came back for all keywords without changing anything. Yeah the google machine...the site which came back is so poor of content:p

selen, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  4. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So you mean first you lost ranking and then you came back to same position?

Card, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  5. selen

selen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes but only one domain which was penalized before came back to almost the same positions and 4 other domains are newly penalized, now I'm waiting

selen, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  6. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are luck that your Domain came back to same position after dropping in ranking :)

Card, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  7. coniefoxdresses

coniefoxdresses Peon

Best Answers:
    My website seems haven't affected by the update. high quality backlink and content are main method.

coniefoxdresses, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  8. IamTJM

IamTJM Peon

Best Answers:
    My sites have actually had a slight boost in rankings since the first panda updates. I believe the key is to have original and quality content.

IamTJM, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  9. jadelyjad

jadelyjad Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm seeing a change every 2 to 2.5 weeks in my rankings that have nothing to do with anything I'm doing. Serious Google dance! My sites with good, unique content have gone back to page 1 for their targeted keywords in a couple of weeks.

I agree - stay away from sudden, high volume backlinking - it sends a very clear message as it's not very natural. The other thing to watch out for is footprints that are left by various plugins you might using.

Algorithms will continue to change, and we must be ready!! Good luck everyone :)

jadelyjad, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  10. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Some have claimed success by doing more social bookmarking, blog commenting and article submitting

golfpro1, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  11. k87

k87 Peon

Best Answers:
    My website is one of those which was not impacted by panda 1.0 to panda 2.5(28Sep), but it finally got hit in Oct. till now no sign of recovery.

k87, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  12. Webgold

Webgold Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep I also got hit at last on my best traffic sites. I have followed the guidelines and I still get hit, it was all my best pages as well.

The only solution I have read is to keep updating with fresh unique content.

Google never tells anyone why their sites have been hit, they just leave us all in the dark wondering what happened and why??:confused:

Webgold, Dec 12, 2011 IP