1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google PageRank Prediction API with php?

Discussion in 'Google API' started by crinch, Sep 14, 2006.

Hi,

I want to use such an API of Google with the help of which i could fine page rank prediction for any url and get results on my site.
    I have my site using PHP, so if any one has the information, plz response me.
    I would appreciate any response.

Thanks.
    Crinch.

crinch, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  2. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a script to get current PR but this is not a script approved by google. You can't use the API to get PR and there are no scripts to get predicted PR.

mad4, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  3. mpea

mpea Guest

Best Answers:
    There are many sites that will predicted pr, not sure how accurate they are, I use one in particular (but i cant give its name as I think the forum is in competition with this one)

It’s hard to say how good these predictions are, since no one actually knows the algo for google (thus impossible to get accurate predictions)

Why don’t you just use your favorite search engine and search for page rank prediction, or pr prediction...etc

mpea, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  4. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are no rules about posting links to other forums here. All very relaxed in DP. :)

mad4, Sep 14, 2006 IP
    Mong likes this.
  5. crinch

crinch Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I have got some information to implement my desire features, for this I have already installed xampp and now downloaded the SOAP 0.9.4 package but i don't know how to install this SOAP and integrate with xampp, there is no installation manuals. If any one who used this xampp and SOAP please let me inform about its integration tips.
    One more thing how can i know that PEAR is being run on my xampp.
    Thanks in advance.

Crinch.

crinch, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  6. delhi.seo

delhi.seo Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried to implement similar kind of thing with one of my SEO solution.But i was unsuccessful............wish u all the best.

Thanks
    seodelhi.freelancebank.com

delhi.seo, Sep 15, 2006 IP
  7. shahbaz419

shahbaz419 Peon

Best Answers:
    shahbaz419, Sep 16, 2006 IP
  8. mobilefrenzy

mobilefrenzy Peon

Best Answers:
    My present pagerank is 0. The prediction tool predicts 3.
    By when should the predicted PR get reflected for real?

mobilefrenzy, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  9. niceboy

niceboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it depends on google pr updates. btw, in my experience, you can't believe completely any PR prediction.

niceboy, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  10. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'd just use a random number generator, it would be just as accurate

MattUK, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  11. mobilefrenzy

mobilefrenzy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Two of the page rank predictors are showing the same future PR of 3 (3.1).
    So, I am hoping this proves true. Anyway, any PR above the present 0, will be welcome.:)

mobilefrenzy, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  12. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen a common fact among the differen prediction tools, whether already available online or custom scripts to setup.

All Google predictions generally fail!

Mystique, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  13. picobello

picobello Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am “php Google script developer”: (fyi, this is my last script: LinkTemple.com)

Bad news:
    It is almost impossible (I prefer to say VERY HARD) to code something correct to predict PR !

Why?

PR is mainly influenced by your site backlinks’ PR.
    The only way to correctly predict the PR is to catch all the backlinks and their PR from Google and do some more computations on them.

Obtaining PR is OK and unlimited but for the list of backlinks … that’s another story:

• If you script something to catch all the backlinks directly from google.com (using the LINK: keyword in the query), your server ip is banned after a few queries during several hours.
    • If you use the google api to do the same, you can only fetch max 10 items in the result and you’re limited to 1K queries per day which makes the challenge impossible

Another idea would be to deploy a HTTP-PROXIES layer in front of the script which will hide you server ip to Google in doing multiple queries in direct towards Google.com. It is so complex for some reasons I cannot explain here for the sake of simplification that – to my knowledge – nobody succeeded yet to do that kind of thing. I am still working on it today and won’t be able to deliver something before several weeks facing some major problems in maintaining an efficient proxies-list

Hope it helps to understand why all the existing PR prediction site are pure shit
    Pico.

picobello, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  14. Kaudo

Kaudo Peon

Best Answers:
    Picobello, you´re my hero. You´re absolutely right. Such tool - to provide really accurate number - would need to gather all links to all of your site pages and even the links to that pages linking to your pages, to complete the matrix and calculate the PR, all of this to the specified time.

Crinch, if your site only has couple of links, you can calculate it roughly yourself. If you want more, check www.cs.utexas.edu/users/jdavis/papers/jdavis_kdd06_gl_pr.pdf ,
    anyway, do not expect anything special from your PR increase.

PR mirrors the general importance of your page based on the links from another pages, it will not shift you any higher in SERPs.

Kaudo, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  15. SEM-dude

SEM-dude Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me play devil's advocate here. Some PR predictors do not actually predict using complex computations based on backlinks, PR of linking pages, link structure and other such factors.

They just gather PR from existing Google data centers that are not updated in-synch with each other and thus "predict" what your final PR would be based on how many data centers report your PR to be.

Here is a sample: http://www.newdesignworld.com/browse-pagerank_checker-78-1.html

I am not affiliated with these people in any way ... but I just googled them and saw the multiple data center feature.

SEM-dude, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  16. thilak

thilak Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess it iwebtool.com right ?

thilak, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  17. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    Of my six sites it could not deteramine anything and one site it predicted 4 which it already is. Current pr unknown though that has been established for several months.

reapr, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  18. lajocar

lajocar Banned

Best Answers:
    I think iWebtool also uses the Google datacenters to predict future pagerank

lajocar, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  19. Torans

Torans Active Member

Best Answers:
    When i am using it i get this >>> Insufficient backlinks* lol , with smartpagerank.com it shows me like 6700 back links but with this toy 0 ? huh?

Torans, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  20. karamkshetra

karamkshetra Peon

Best Answers:
    you can get a lot more tool on the we for future prediction.... Google API won't give you the predicted one.....

As why Google will play with their own algorithm.. and API

karamkshetra, Aug 7, 2007 IP