1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Pagerank OR MozRank

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by seoakram, Oct 21, 2011.

Google Pagerank OR MozRank ?

seoakram, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  2. leonidasblaze

leonidasblaze Peon

Best Answers:
    Google page rank is largely based upon the number and quality backlink a webpage has an important factor in how well a particular webpage rank within the google search result.Mozrank is qualified by anti-spam measure.MOalink is seomoz's link popularity metric that show how popular webpage on its web.

leonidasblaze, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  3. laceybeautiful

laceybeautiful Peon

Best Answers:
    Google page rank is better then Moz rank because its result is better then other tools.

laceybeautiful, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  4. mastyspot

mastyspot Peon

Best Answers:
    i would say google page rank - because noticed that google pr goes up...everything seems right on ur site already

mastyspot, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  5. jollygood

jollygood Member

Best Answers:
    MozRank seems to give pretty good information but Google PR is obviously directly from the source. Not sure how seriously to take it any more though.

jollygood, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  6. jdr8271

jdr8271 Member

Best Answers:
    Google PR is not updated as frequently and does not tell you your exact pagerank. Moz PR tells your exact rank down to the decimal point. If you are trying to figure out the value of a link, I would look at Moz Rank.

That said, if you are selling links, the most important metric is google PR.

jdr8271, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  7. travelnetwork

travelnetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    Google page rank is much important. No one is using SEO moz toolbar, its not too worthy i think :D

travelnetwork, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  8. Silverlight279

Silverlight279 Peon

Best Answers:
    If I recall correctly, PageRank refreshes every 6-12months whereas MozRank is 3 months and can more accurately tell a PR

EX: PR might be 4 but MozRank would Display 4.7

Silverlight279, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  9. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    Well Google rank is better no doubts.

chinasa, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  10. senpaiit

senpaiit Peon

Best Answers:
    off course google page rank.....................

senpaiit, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  11. randfish

randfish Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey gang - I'm the CEO and founder at SEOmoz (we build the Linkscape web index from which mozRank is derived). I figured I could provide some more information about the differences here.

MozRank - obviously, it's not directly from Google. We calculate it in much the same way the original Google PageRank formula is described here (http://infolab.stanford.edu/~backrub/google.html) with a few changes we're fairly sure Google's made since then. It's calculated once monthly, at the same time as our new indices are released (you can read about those in posts like http://www.seomoz.org/blog/november-2011-linkscape-update). The metric provides accuracy to two significant decimal places, but it's across our web index rather than Google's. We index ~40-60 billion URLs per update, which we estimate to be approx 1/2 of what Google keeps in their main index. Correlation between mozRank and PageRank is typically quite high just after a PR update, and then trails off as PR scores get less fresh (more detail here: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/the-science-of-ranking-correlations).

Google PR - comes via Google's toolbar (or via the checksum hack). It's updated every 3 to 12 months (Google's fairly random about these updates, so it's hard to know if/when one's upcoming). That said, because it's Google, the data is generally more comprehensive (they cover more URLs, particularly deep ones in less important sites or far down on large sites) and they'll include PR penalties (mozRank will not, because we don't have Google's sophistication in spam filtering).

All that said, if you're going to use a metric to value a webpage/website, Page Authority and Domain Authority (also via the Linkscape index) are FAR superior metrics to either PR or mR from a correlation to rankings perspective. Hope this is helpful!

randfish, Oct 24, 2011 IP