1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Pagerank is dead - Pagerank domain worthless

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by tmean, Mar 6, 2015.

Google Will (Probably) Not Be Updating Toolbar PageRank Again, John Mueller Confirms
    Google’s last Toolbar PageRank update, which rolled out on December 2013, may have been its last as Google’s John Mueller stated in a recent Google Hangout.

A question was asked by a frustrated individual who couldn’t understand why so many spammy sites selling PR6 backlinks had not been dealt with despite having been reported to Google multiple times.

Mueller’s response is as follows:

“There are a few things where we do take action that you might not see directly. Toolbar PageRank is something that we have not updated for about a year now, and we’re probably not going to be updating it going forward… we have a lot of way to recognize these problematic links, and the sites selling those links, that essentially blocks the PageRank from passing through those

Mueller also mentioned that he would go through the individual’s list of spammy sites to see if he can find anything that Google’s algorithms aren’t picking up on.

So Mueller really dropped two interesting pieces of news here. One was that PageRank will (most likely) not be updated going forward, and the second was that Google has measures in place to stop do-follow backlinks from passing PageRank if they’re on a site that Google finds to be especially spammy.

With this information now out in the open, I can only hope that the customers keeping these sites in business eventually stop buying links and we start seeing this trend going away.

PageRank never was added to Chrome.

Thinking back, Google never did add a PageRank to their own browser, Chrome. In fact, the only way to see PageRank on Chrome is if you install an extension by a 3rd party developer. If it had a future you’d think they’d

Google's John Mueller has told in a video hangout that there probably won't be PageRank updates in the future.

But now, John Mueller wrote it out in a Google Webmaster Help thread saying Google "have no plans to do further updates," around PageRank. He even said webmasters and SEOs should stop using "PageRank or links as a metric" around their web sites.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
    tmean, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  2. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Pagerank domains aren't necessarily worthless. I wouldn't go just by PR, but if it's an aged domain that has PR and was previously developed it could very well have some good quality links going into it. That would give it some value, aside from the PR portion.

FPForum, Mar 10, 2015 IP
  3. serellived

serellived Member

Best Answers:
    They may sound interesting but not surprising to me. With too many sites, including spammy ones, it would be a tedious task to be keeping an eye on. Although, some are caught and were penalized, other people will always find a way to keep their sites on top of the so-called "ranking system".

serellived, Mar 19, 2015 IP
  4. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have never cared about PR from day one. I've had sites with a PR0 make 1000x more than my sites with PR5.
    To me it just seemed like bragging rights or a pissing contest which I didn't want to be a part of.
    Good riddens.

superrichguy, Mar 19, 2015 IP
  5. Ver Videos Graciosos

Ver Videos Graciosos Peon

Best Answers:
    No longer works :/ https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/open-seo-statsformerly-pa/hbdkkfheckcdppiaiabobmennhijkknn

Ver Videos Graciosos, Mar 20, 2015 IP
  6. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, google will never update page rank.

Atikur, Mar 20, 2015 IP
  7. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The title of your thread is funny.

kjh-08, Mar 22, 2015 IP
  8. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's obvious that Google will not update the PageRank. What I think, but it's just a guess, that probably will delete any PageRank data as soon as the web will work perfectly as it should: means no more low quality websites.

Of course that's science fiction, but not so fantastic. The algorythms need to find a perfect balance and setup. Afterwards, keeping PageRank data would be simply useless. What do you think?