1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google PageRank and Ranking Penalties Being Dished Out Like Crazy

Discussion in 'Google' started by Dave E, Oct 24, 2007.

1. rbleyer

rbleyer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me, I believe this PR adjustment was made sometime ago and just not translated into visible Toolbar PR. Toolbar has always been a snap shot typically around 6 months old. If that is the case, then this update represents PR from that period.

I noted some crazy activity over the past few months, where sites with PR0 have been ranking top 5 for very competitive terms in G. I just couldn't believe it, these newish sites getting top rankings.

A thought, now that PR has dropped, a lot of people that paid for links wont want to pay anymore so they will be removed. Google then goes through see whos removed what and really sees you have been paying for the links. From this they gather the data for a major SERP update ... Just a thought.

rbleyer, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  2. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have read on multiple threads that PR has been obtained on blog posts dated Oct. 3, 2007 so we can assume that is the date of the snapshot?

I don't think that is realistic.

jg123, Oct 29, 2007 IP