1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google only ranks 6th - something to brighten your day

Discussion in 'Google' started by Dominic, Jun 7, 2004.

Well this is worth a laugh - do a google search on: search engine and Google.com only ranks 6th.

Who is #1?

Maybe they should chase a few more on-topic links with the right anchor text from pages with decent PR!

Personally I think their homepage could do with a bit more content if you know what I mean...

It puts it in perspective I guess...

Dominic, Jun 7, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No way... Google's minimalist approach to their homepage is great (IMO).

digitalpoint, Jun 7, 2004 IP
  3. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Come on Shawn you can't tell me a link to Digital Point wouldn't add value to their users.

Dominic, Jun 7, 2004 IP
  4. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats why they have the best search engine, so you can find it. Try searching for anything Shawn offers, you'll find it quickly.

schlottke, Jun 7, 2004 IP
  5. ZanderXML

ZanderXML Guest

Best Answers:
    Content of the Page means nothing, if you have thousands of Allinanchor links with the keyword linked to your Page.

I experimented on my SEO page. I have powerful PR7 partners which placed my link ROS (all pages) and it gives me 4,970 PR4+ backlinks with keyword text in anchor and 57,003 PR3- pages with the same outbound link to my page. Total 57,500 allinanchor links!!!

I removed all keywords from the Page, waited for Google update and now there are no keywords in the cache page of the Google at all, none of them!!! And the Page is still #2 in search results.

I guess page's content can give hundrends points and it's good for not competetive content while allinanchor thousands and millions.

My guess is that all pages in SERPS are ordered by their rating in points. You can use title, H1 and other things to get some points but you should think of keyword density, because when it's more than allowed you'll be placed to SERPS from the end! I mean pages with 100% keyword density will be the last, then 99% and so on to the 9% for example.

SO the points you get are:

Point of the page formula

{Title ratio (10 points for example) * (Keyword length / Title length)
    + H1 ratio (5 points for example) * (Keyword length / H1 length)
    + ..... }
    and all this multiplied by PR of the page!!!

+ SUM of {Allinanchor link ration * Keyword length / Link length * PR of the page with outbound link may be devided by number of links?}

So if you have 1,000,000 allinanchor links to your page your page's rating by itself will be maximum 1% of the whole value!

What do you think about such math?

Best regards,
    Paul

ZanderXML, Jun 8, 2004 IP
  6. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not opinion, it's fact!

Also you have to love Google's unbiased results. There are many articles that pop-up time to time in Google News that trash Google. Google takes the high road. It's a great company.

Help Desk, Jun 8, 2004 IP