1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Now Controls 71.08% of the US Search Market

Discussion in 'Google' started by HarrisonJ, Oct 7, 2009.

Google now as 71.08% of all U.S. searches with Bing at 8.96% and Yahoo at 16.38% according to a new announcement by HitWise dot com. Over the past month Google's share has increased 1% which Bing has decreased -5% and Yahoo has decreased -3%. Not very good news for Bing/Yahoo considering how many TV commercials I see them running, which Google doesn't run any. Just shows that if your product is truly remarkable like just about all of Google's products are, your marketshare will grow without having to do lots of expensive push marketing like Bing/Yahoo do.

Keep optimizing your sites for Google, Digitalpointers. That's where the money is.

Google also had a cool BarCode logo today to celebrate the birth of the BarCode. I love how google changes their logo so often.

HarrisonJ, Oct 7, 2009 IP
  2. zanago

zanago Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure,HarrisonJ.
    Google grows rapidly these years.Yahoo and MSN(Bing) lost theire share on search market.As I know,most companies choose Google as their first choices to place their ADs.That's a bad news to Yahoo & Bing. :cool:
    ------------------------
    IBM Laptop Battery

zanago, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  3. norfstar

norfstar Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting to see that Google is on the up without marketing.

I don't mean to be an a-hole but the percentage changes from the previous month make the previous month add up to more than 103%. (71.08-1) + (8.96+5) + (16.38+3) = 103.42. Are these all from one source? I guess Ask has a -3% market share :).

norfstar, Oct 8, 2009 IP