1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google not showing most recent post date in search engine results- sitemap setting?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by verbs, Apr 25, 2011.

Hi all, I had a question about some old message board threads that are a few years old that have recent posts in them.

For starters, Google is always crawling my site and indexes new threads within a few hours

However, it doesn't seem to be very responsive when a new post is made in a very old thread that hasn't had activity for a very long time. For example, I had a thread on my message board that was created in 2008 and hasn't had any activity since 2008. This thread hsa always been ranked high in google (first page in the search results). The thread had about 4 new posts made in it starting 10 days ago. I was surprised to see that 10 days have passed and google is not showing any update on the last post date. It's still showing as 2008, when clearly it has 4 new posts in the last 10 days.

I'm using VBSEO and the sitemap generator, and it's working every day.
    Can my sitemap let google know of new posts in very old threads on my forum in a more timely manner, or is this something I shouldn't tell google to look for often because the spiders will waste their time in old threads when they should be indexing newer threads?

verbs, Apr 25, 2011 IP