1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google not caching php sub-pages...

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Sanzbar, Aug 26, 2005.

Hey guys,

I just put up my first php driven sites (all on subdomains). Google is not caching any of the subpages....just the index pages. It's been several weeks since the pages have been up, and subpages have been crawled and the index cached is refereshed nearly every day; however, it doesn't want to cache any of my subpages...

I'm using htaccess to give static .html pages to the php files....is there anything I need to put in a robots.txt file to get everything cached??? I'm a bit confused as to why no subpages are being cached....

Any help would be great...if you need the url, I could PM it to you, but I'd rather not post it...

Sanzbar, Aug 26, 2005 IP
  2. Sanzbar

Sanzbar Peon

Best Answers:
    NOTE: MSN has cached the subpages....so I'm not sure if it's just a Google thing...

Sanzbar, Aug 26, 2005 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Without examples it's hard to tell. You can't post the URL?

robots.txt is about exclusion not inclusion so ignore that

Have you implemented a google xml sitemap? That will ensure that Google knows the pages exist.

But if the site is new then it's probably just a matter of time. Get some inbound deep links for Google to chew through and it'll happen.

sarahk, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  4. markkk

markkk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Markkk - not sure what your answer means but I just checked out your blog and you have a wee spam problem...

sarahk, Aug 27, 2005 IP