1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google no likey Spyware

Discussion in 'Security' started by anthonycea, Jun 28, 2004.

It seems that some folks just can not get away from the spyware that is not only trouble for computer users, now it is costing Google big money.

So it seems that what goes around comes around.

ALL SPYWARE AND ADWARE SHOULD BE OUTLAWED! Period.....

Next these guys will be riding along on toolbars, spyware on spyware :cool:

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5250383.html?tag=zdnn.alert

anthonycea, Jun 28, 2004 IP
  2. arestia

arestia Peon

Best Answers:
    Just as a helpful link here is the best adware + spyware remover out there. It is free for personal use and it has regular update at least weekly of updated adware definitions like an antivirus program.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

I had that exact adware that is described in the artivle and i could not remove it until this software.

-Dan

arestia, Jun 28, 2004 IP
  3. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The summary of the article is of SpyWare that changes your Google results and inserts it's own results. Google is doing nothing wrong here.

Help Desk, Jun 28, 2004 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    They never do in your eyes TB, I guess you only read the parts of articles that you want to read.

But yea that Yahoo is a real no good outfit. Come on TB, please be objective for once.

Does your daddy work for Google? :D

5. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmmmm, the best spyware remover? Not adaware, as itself is seen as spyware from the best spyware remover, SpyBot S&D. The newest version is 1.3 and found 7 additional spy tools after I ran a scan. I am a fan of using both as a cohesive unit.

NewComputer, Jun 28, 2004 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You make a incorrect statement about that, you can not back that up with any documentation from Spybot.

I use both and Spybot has never shown any of the Adaware files as being in their spyware/adware scanning files.

What they do say is that you will see some of the files listed since they are some sort of backup files, that does not mean they are considering it spyware.

7. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    anthonycea, when are you actually going to get permission to have links? Having to copy and paste defeats the purpose of webpages.

Help Desk, Jun 28, 2004 IP
  8. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    NewComputer makes a good point. You do need to use both Spybot and Ad-aware. They each appear to look for different spyware bugs. I have also seen spyware that neither Spybot nor Ad-aware could remove.

Here's a great Google Answers article with instructions for spyware removal.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=336933

Craig :D

TechEvangelist, Jun 28, 2004 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Shawn does not like me, thats why Think Bling, but no one else does either, join the club, we call it the "I Hate Anthony Cea Club", $ 50.00 bucks a year via PayPal and you are a Gold Member.

You would not believe the benefits that come with the "IHACard" don't leave home without it. :eek: