1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google New Algorithm - Revealed

Discussion in 'Google' started by EnhanceSEO, Mar 10, 2008.

1. rehash

rehash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you gotta be kidding..
    SEMrush
    and visitors can be manipulated, time on site too
    also for some sites, time on site is minimal because you find what you need and move on and this does not mean the site was not useful

rehash, Mar 10, 2008 IP
    SEMrush
  2. qazu

qazu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yup rehash, someone's assuming that everyone uses google analytics and that the code is installed on all web sites. I use google analytics , but not on all my websites, and I only have a few :p

qazu, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  3. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    Where does this info come from? I'd estimate that far less than 2% of web sites in existance are on Google Analytics. Most web site owners aren't even aware of it. There are also a lot of web site owners who do not want to share their traffic info with Google and will never use it.

There isn't any benefit to using Google Analytics over AwStats or Webalizer.

TechEvangelist, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  4. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I will never place Google Analytics on any of my sites.

Google already has enough power in its search monopoly. Why would I want to hand over my stats as well? Certainly they could use this data for something other then what I would intend.

snowbird, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  5. thunderbolt007

thunderbolt007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe that Google algorithm is through analytics. How can you say so?

And I don't rely on Analytics alone I use different webstats to know my traffic...

thunderbolt007, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  6. woob

woob Banned

Best Answers:
    Here's my take on it.

It doesn't really matter what Google does, because people have always been determined to cheat in order to get ahead. And many people have succeeded in doing just that. Hence even if Google changes their ways someone will find some dishonest way to beat them at their own game.

But if you aren't a cheater, and believe in playing a fair game, then you have two options:

1. do exactly what every other honest person is doing and hope for the best
    2. do what every other honest person is doing, but do it better and expect the best

The first option will gain you money
    The second option will give you fame

So here's your clue as to what to do: identify what it is that you are good at (your talent), and educate yourself on how to market it. Thus you won't have to worry about your competition, because most people wouldn't
    be in your league, as there can only be one 'you'! And even if you end up on page 100 of Google, because you have branded yourself people will be looking for you, and they will find you.

Right now you're looking for them. That's why it is so much of a concern as to where you will appear on the search engine. But when they begin to look for you as a result of seeing something in you that is rarely found in anyone else, your ranking on Google won't be much of a concern anymore as you will then understand that you really don't need Google as much as you thought you did! After all, you made them what they are. They didn't create you!

It comes down to two questions...

Do you want to make money? Copy the gurus

Do you want real success? Brand yourself

The choice is yours.

woob, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  7. ppires

ppires Member

Best Answers:
    with analytics i have notice that some of my lowest bounce page's keep going up in serps. But maybe it's just on me... they are doing some thing strange :)

ppires, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  8. MathArt

MathArt Peon

Best Answers:
    You guys forgot.. if Google actually used Analytics in their ranking, their lawyers would be working full time. In short, its intrusion of privacy if Google uses your Analytics in their ranking.

I don't remember anywhere in GA that says we allow Google to use our data for their algo

MathArt, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  9. wilhb81

wilhb81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm..., if this kind of Big G Algo did launched, I think there will be many webmasters will be suffer for it...

wilhb81, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  10. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The chance of links being dropped as a ranking factor is zero. It is links that make the internet the "internet". Devalue links and you strike at the very heart of the net's inter-connectivity.

Jim4767, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  11. corlock

corlock Banned

Best Answers:
    this is just unfair to those newly published site...

corlock, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  12. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hello...

I hardly doubt that will happen...

Good luck regardless

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  13. Neorics

Neorics Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this info credible?

This is shocking but not too shocking. I just recently got into link building and I sacrificed my exams for that but now they're changing? WTH?

When is the ETA on that?

Neorics, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  14. tekteker

tekteker Peon

Best Answers:
    In Google analytics, a message appeared last week asking that if they can share logs for their needs?
    If google begin ranking sites up to bounce bask rate and visiting time on site, no one can manipulate it.
    who could manipulate adsense? but serps are manipulated too much with current algorithm till now

tekteker, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  15. ericfromandys

ericfromandys Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it would make sense to add 'time on site' and bounce rate as factors, because if their goal is to put the most popular sites at the top of search rankings then these two factors can be considered very legitimate components. Backlinks is also a measure - I highly doubt they would get rid of that factory because it's not rational to withdraw a mechanism for measuring site popularity. Yeah there's spammers, but the fact is that great sites will have a lot of backlinks so it is still an important measure of a site's popularity.

ericfromandys, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  16. russianzio

russianzio Peon

Best Answers:
    I strongly doubt that every site on the net is "hooked up to Google Analytics"
    And this idea of yours: "factors such as: Visitors, Time on Site, Bounce Rate etc." has been around for many years. Alot of professional webmasters tried to study it using their sites and manipulating those factors but failed to aknowlage this as a fact!!

russianzio, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  17. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is absolutely untrue. Only about 37% of the websites out there use G analytics as determined by VKI Studios Report.
    So, I guess everyone else is out of luck?

/*tom*/

longcall911, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  18. Adsense_Millionaire_To_Be

Adsense_Millionaire_To_Be Guest

Best Answers:
    if u want to rank in google u must use analytics, simple.

19. sonysony99

sonysony99 Peon

Best Answers:
    to what i heard is ... google is now also using real people to do ranking ... to determine which result is the best.. so all the spam site won't be ranked on top.

sonysony99, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  20. shanaka

shanaka Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think google will change main back link algorithm, and rank web sites base on another factors. But i'm sure they are adding new back link valuation modules. But unfortunately we don't know what they are doing...:)

shanaka, Mar 11, 2008 IP