1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google money exchange rates are Good then Paypal

Discussion in 'Payments' started by westhaven, Oct 31, 2005.

Recently i have noticed that for indian currency converter rate is quite good than paypal. Here you can see the difference for india :

44.430 : $1 google payments
    43.937 : $1 Paypal

When google issued the checque for adsense on the same day i withdraw the check from paypal and noticed the difference. Is this same thing happens for other countires by Paypal.

westhaven, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  2. harris2004

harris2004 Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont think 1 indian rupee is that much...unless you are exchanging millions but it has to be lower then that since they are new to the market..

harris2004, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  3. new_life

new_life Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think Paypal uses a lower rate than Google or the other way around.

They both use the standard exchange rate but in different frame of time. For instance Google issues your check on Monday and the rate is 0.889 Euro = $1. But on Wedsday it could be 0.879 Euro = $1. That makes the difference mate.

Bare on mind that the exchange rate differs in the matter of minutes. I experienced it when I change Euro to Dollar in the Airport.

new_life, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  4. rickbender1940

rickbender1940 Guest

Best Answers:
    In Canada I noticed this too, Google gave a much better convesion rate than Paypal. In fact Google's was comparable to the bank rate.

Not too surprising I guess, Paypal and EBay are both very sleazy companies. Try getting a refund in Paypal for an auction gone wrong, or getting your listing fee refunded for any reason in Ebay.

rickbender1940, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  5. FlashVictim

FlashVictim Guest

Best Answers:
    I get my adsense money straight on my banking account, no cheques or anything. The money is in dollars so the bank uses their exchange rate. With the weak dollar it's not a bad idea to freeze your account payments for those in Europe ;).

FlashVictim, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  6. macdesign

macdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    I can agree with that, when some one pays me in Canadian it gets converted into US, and I lose, when I deposit it, it gets converted back and I lose again. I just got my firstAdSense direct deposit and it was nice to see.

To be fair, every item I bid and won on eBay and had problems with or did not receive, I got a refund from PayPal with no effort. The ones I paid for with my credit card, I never was able to get a refund. I've been seriously ripped off by a major company selling on eBay, and had complete documentation on receiving a defective item, returning it and never getting a refund - they sat on it for two months, then said too much time has gone by. I had some smaller items not delivered, and again MasterCard was useless. Now I only use PayPal for eBay payments.

macdesign, Oct 31, 2005 IP
  7. hurricane_sh

hurricane_sh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also like the converted amount of euro from Google, it seems to be the best rate according to some online currency converter, although I've never compared it to Paypal.

hurricane_sh, Oct 31, 2005 IP