1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Mobile-friendly site impact on site owner

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by initzero, Apr 26, 2015.

Hi Everyone,

I just to check if anyone is already feeling the effect of the google mobile-friendly site update on SEO ? Whether you somehow have big/sudden drop of site visits.

Solved! View solution.
    initzero, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  2. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't see any major hits on my site, as well as hearing any news from other sites.

Patricia Ann Lee, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  3. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm also didn't see any kind of change for that update, may be it ll effect on May 1st week...

Aryans, Apr 26, 2015 IP
    Please note that the websites which have traffic source from mobiles and are not mobile friendly, then there will be change their SERPs and hence those websites will lose traffic from mobile. However if there are websites which have no traffic source from mobile but these are mobile friendly then there will be positive impact in SERPs and these websites can have more traffic sources from mobile searches. Also note that the latest change in Google Algorithm will never affect the current SERPs for desktop sources. Here is the link of Google FAQs.
    http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2015/04/faqs-april-21st-mobile-friendly.html

Albert Barkley, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  5. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Two major things to know here:

- the update will take at least 1 week to fully roll out before any conclusions should be made
    - this is NOT a penalizing update or algo change. Its something that was bound to be included in the search criterion but websites that are not mobile optimized will not suffer. However websites that ARE optimized are expected to rise in ranks so this might shove your website down the pages. Mobile searches are something common nowadays so optimizing for such searches should be with high priority anyways.

Rado_ch, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  6. Wasi88

Wasi88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sites that already had a high percentage of their visitors using mobile devices probably already made sure their site is 'mobile friendly'. So if you are in a 'mobile friendly' niche, all the serious players within that niche probably made sure the site is ready for 'mobilegeddon'. We made several changes in different sites to get as many points on Google's speed insigths as possible without loosing on usability. We haven't noticed any changes yet but we also don't really have to rely on mobile (less than 5% of the visitors using mobile devices on all our sites). Their change may be major but the effect seems to be minor overall (at least for now). Take a look at it that way: 'Mobile friendliness' is just one raking factor out of ~200 (as far as I'm concerned). They probably don't want to give that one factor too much weight too soon I guess.

Wasi88, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  7. ashumastermind

ashumastermind Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google announced earlier this year that it was making a change to its search algorithms which would begin to factor in a website’s “mobile-friendliness” as a ranking signal – meaning that those sites which weren’t optimized for smartphones’ smaller screens would see their ranks downgraded as a result.

ashumastermind, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  8. initzero

initzero Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for the answers.

the reason I asked is that I'm a little bit concern with some clients with static website will be coming back to me soon.

initzero, Apr 28, 2015 IP