1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Merge's with Microsoft today BIG NEWS

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Barre Tire, Dec 8, 2005.

Actually sorry to burst your Bubble but it is NOT TRUE

But it is very irrelevant and has nothing to with anything, much like Google's search results.. But if this is something you had actually searched for on Google you would probably be frustrated right now because none of the results you searched for have anything to do with what you really wanted Except of course those 3 helpful ad's at the top that say ad's by Google...Out of frustration you are forced to click on them since it is Christmas and you have to get that present for that certain someone...

Pretty sad isn't it... NOT FOR GOOGLE.. with messed up serp's this is exactly what is happening and exactly what they want to happen.... Don't worry website owners Google has a plan for you... They have implemented a test data center....you see this test data center is a test for Google only.. You see they need somehwere to organise the real results that they can implement after the shopping rush is over and the pockets of google are lined... some people disagree with this but it has happened for the past 3 years and will continue to happen every year..

My problem is this.. I do not have a problem with a business such as Google making money. However when the search results go against Googles own guidelines it is wrong....Do they not tell us that our websites should have rellevant content?? Even our links coming in should be rellevant and useful to our website visitors. The links that come back in search right now I do not find rellevant in my eyes.

This is just my own opinion and not meant to offend anyone I just would like to know what other people think...

Thanks for reading my irrelevant post.. Hey you could have searched on Google and got results like this..

Barre Tire, Dec 8, 2005 IP
  2. explorer

explorer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Barre - I'm not offended, but in the time you spent writing this you could have done something to increase your web presence or income.

I've found in my 18 months or so in this business I've had to pick myself up, shake the dust off me and just get on with it again more often than in any other I've known. It's the nature of the beast.

Now get back to generating good ideas and monetizing them! :)

explorer, Dec 8, 2005 IP
  3. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    They are even more relevant than before the update. (BTW I got hammered real bad by this jagger thing) The big G rules.

enQuira, Dec 8, 2005 IP
  4. romance

romance Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Considering it sounds like you don't care much for googles results, alot of your posts seems to be centered around them. If I were a betting man, i'd place my money on you not coming #1 for all you relevant keywords? Either work more on promoting your site or just get over it, there's large companies dominating every major market, like explorer said, your best bet is to work out how to make the most of this rather than complaining.

romance, Dec 8, 2005 IP
  5. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:

I came up fine before Jagger and come up fine on the Test DC.. I work on my site content every day..and of course I work on optimizing for Google as all of us do...The point I am trying to make here that you do not seem to be understanding is that they do this every year at this time it has been proven time & time again it is just that alot of people do not realise it that is all...

6. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:

My web presence is fine and if you have been in the business 18 months or so then you already know about these Christmas updates... Some people do not and are changing there sites after Jagger thinking they did something wrong.. They need to relise that they do not need to do that if they came up fine before Jagger...Their sites will come back after Christmas....

7. zanet

zanet Peon

Best Answers:
    if what you say is true about sults come back each year, im amazed no one mentiones it

hard to beleive its an annual thing

zanet, Dec 8, 2005 IP
  8. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    Alot of people have mentioned it...For the people who have followed this for a couple of years you know what I am talking about...The post was not meant to cause controversy. It was meant to open some peoples eyes...If you don't believ it then read another post.. If you do then you again know what I am talking about...Last year it was the same thing expecially with craigs list listings cluttering the Serp's for those of you who remember.

9. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    Well everyone after looking back at this post I see I do deserve the RED.. It was dumb.. I guess it was just out of Frustration of the serp's still being so messed up. I don't know if the Christmas thing is true.. It does seem so however.. Anyhow the title was not fit and sorry if I mislead anyone... Again sorry for a stupid post.. I do hope the test DC propogates however..The results are more like pre jagger for me puts me back in the top 10 for most of my KW's