1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google maps UK geocode

Discussion in 'Google API' started by stuw, Jan 31, 2006.

1. rhyswynne

rhyswynne Active Member

Best Answers:
    rhyswynne, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  2. doolally

doolally Member

Best Answers:
    I'd be interested in this if you would still like to share.
    Cheers,

doolally, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  3. shaileshk

shaileshk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    shaileshk, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  4. tradeindiaonline

tradeindiaonline Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for Sharing

tradeindiaonline, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  5. jamesinngram

jamesinngram Peon

Best Answers:
  6. nwoody

nwoody Peon

Best Answers:

Google have awful accuracy and DO NOT provide Geocoding. The maps do lack detail and their premier programme (enterprise is a staggering £7700 and is not great compared to ViaMichelin solutions ) I know this from experience !

This has taken me so long to access and my developers have been flat out for months if finding a provider in the UK who offer Geocoding, reverse geocoding distance calculation, map management, address verification for postcode and town searched, geographical co ordinates and route calculation with excellent maps and mapping technology)and accuracy. Coverage was key in choosing ViaMichelin too as they are a respected brand. Coding was eay to use and works with http xml soap and wsdl

Google lacked the support and their Geocoding was very expensive and not great (infact was appauling) . The other local providers could not stand up and deliver what is needed for me working in the transport industry as good logistics can save you money.

ViaMichelin were so cost effective I saved thousands of what I would ahev paid elsewhere and have a flawless solutions which has allowed me to win many more clients. I would highly recommend VIAMICHELIN API (store locators, Journey planners, directions, toll charges, congestion charge London and Live traffgic info) and the contact there is MARK who came to meet me to discuss my needs, there was no pressure and when I had all the info from 4 companies, It was a no brainer in choosing ViaMichelin Business Mapping and Geolocation for my GIS Geocoding web based webservices platform, It did not take long to developer inhouse and they host it too

nwoody, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  7. Thebadger

Thebadger Peon

Best Answers:
    This works really well for me:
    http://developer.yahoo.com/maps/rest/V1/geocode.html

Thebadger, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  8. impressive.designs

impressive.designs Peon

Best Answers:
    Refer to these 2 sites:

impressive.designs, Dec 26, 2009 IP
  9. prats1988

prats1988 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, I am a newbie this PHP, Javascript business. To be straight and simple, I have a list of about 1100 UK towns and I want to find geocodes for the same. the list is in the excel sheet. I want where and how can I convert this names to geocodes and what will be the accuracy. Please tell me the same.

prats1988, Nov 19, 2011 IP
  10. susanjq

susanjq Peon

Best Answers:
    4p sounds expensive. I enquired before for acquiring such a database and it's about 200 quid. That way you don't rely on any 3d parties, own the software and don't get bills when your application gets popular.

If you stick to postcode outcode (the first part) you only need about 1800 records so the database is fairly small and inexpensive.

susanjq, Feb 27, 2012 IP