1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Maps Integration with Organic Search Results removed Map listings from the 1st

Discussion in 'Google' started by agtile, Oct 27, 2010.

Google Maps Integration with Organic Search Results removed Map listings from the 1st page.

Anybody noticed Google integrating organic search results with google maps?

Not sure if it will stay that way but Google basically got rid off the map box results with this move.

From what I see, if your website was #1 in organic search and it was also listed with Google Maps, then your organic listing just got enhanced ( integrated ) with map info, phone number etc.
    Whoever had just map listing and no top organic listing to go with it, is gone since there is no more map box up there.

agtile, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  2. estudientes

estudientes Peon

Best Answers:
    I notice today google local listing has been indexed like organic search results. I mean not in the box anymore.

estudientes, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  3. pradeeps

pradeeps Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude, with the new enhancement in Google in the form of Google Instant, Maps/Local Search Listings positions have dropped. The basic reason behind is to save the 'bandwidth'. Since Google Instant loads faster, Maps are harder to load within the time.

pradeeps, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  4. Rich77sm

Rich77sm Peon

Best Answers:
    i didnt like google instant but i really hate what they just did to the maps.
    this is changing everything for people making big bank on google local

Rich77sm, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  5. agtile

agtile Active Member

Best Answers:
    Guess what? they gave you a free ride now that you tasted it, they want you to go ahead and purchase sponsored ads.Did you ever think Google does something out of love?
    For free..?
    It is all money talk, always will be.

agtile, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  6. Rich77sm

Rich77sm Peon

Best Answers:
    and now its changed again..
    google is bigger than the law! haha

Rich77sm, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  7. mchrest

mchrest Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes this is bad for SEO done to local sites! But makes generic search terms that much more valuable. I do believe Google is just trying this on , as a User i thinks its a terrible way to display listings, makes me want to bing. As a web guy it chokes me up. I think this is a bad idea on their behalf.

mchrest, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  8. cnjai20

cnjai20 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ya,

i am also feeling bad , by this result . In future organic result won't possible in Google

cnjai20, Nov 3, 2010 IP
  9. cnjai20

cnjai20 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pradeeps,

I think they are improving their Business in Map .... In future surely they will make Google Maps as a Paid Campaign in the name of Google Instant.

cnjai20, Nov 3, 2010 IP